Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
It seems like a lot of people are signing up for Wealthfront. There are no management fees for a portfolio worth < 10k. They charge 0.25% for portfolios worth >10k. I'm somewhat new to investing in US securities (I just moved to the US).

Sooo, how's this look?

Anything look drastically wrong? Wealthfront has me set at a risk level of 4/10, 1 being the least risky. I'm in my mid 30s and I have no debts, nor do I own a home. My car is paid for and I have no children.

I'm happy to delete this thread and move my question to the newbie investment thread if it's more appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

oRenj9 posted:

I'd redistribute a good chunk of those bonds, especially into dividend stocks. Are their US funds that are more specific than "US Stocks?" That's an awfully broad category.

This is what's in the US stocks. It's Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF. https://personal.vanguard.com/us/FundsSnapshot?FundId=0970&FundIntExt=INT

What's the logic behind reducing my exposure to municipal bonds? Is it too conservative or just a lousy investment?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

moana posted:

I was looking at both Wealthfront and Betterment and it seems Wealthfront used to be a startup that actually did something with actively managed hedge funds. It kind of made me second guess WF as an investment site that can really be trusted, although what they have up now looks good.

I'm interested to see if anybody else uses Wealthfront or Betterment and what they recommend. Is WF or BM the one that rebalances with bands?

May I ask why you think it's bad that WF were involved with hedge funds? Does it imply their too close to being shyster sales people?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Didn't municipal bonds outperform like crazy in 2012?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Thanks blah_blah! I've already joined based on someone else's referral.

• Locked thread