Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

A Good Start

Banning what guns there is political support for banning is a step towards banning all guns whereas not banning any guns is not.

If our goal is banning all guns perhaps we should start with the military and police and then work our way down the power structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fog Tripper posted:

There won't be a genuinely helpful discussion/debate about guns in crime until antis acknowledge that the vast majority of gun crime is not perpetrated by those who'd be affected by their "common sense" ideas. Read: "assault weapon bans"

These threads do not last long in here because they become an echo chamber of antis shrilly posting about what they know very little to nothing about.

This relies on the assumption that it's impossible to restrict the number of guns in circulation or on the black market meaningfully, and that most crimes committed with a gun are done by professional criminals. The first would seem to be unlikely given Australia has reduced people to making zipguns and Japan has similarly managed to restrict guns in circulation as well, while the second would require a lot more data than is realistically available, though comparing first-degree murders versus second-degree/manslaughter would be an interesting start.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Salt Fish posted:

If our goal is banning all guns perhaps we should start with the military and police and then work our way down the power structure.

ok

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Banning what guns there is political support for banning is a step towards banning all guns whereas not banning any guns is not.

Ah yes, this is why so many democrats have run on gun control in their campaigns of the past couple years. Oh wait...

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Effectronica posted:

Australia has reduced people to making zipguns

Look at these unsophisticated, crude, ineffective zip guns being produced on an isolated island nation with a small population.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Also Japan is a police state. hth

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Fog Tripper posted:

There won't be a genuinely helpful discussion/debate about guns in crime until antis acknowledge that the vast majority of gun crime is not perpetrated by those who'd be affected by their "common sense" ideas. Read: "assault weapon bans"

These threads do not last long in here because they become an echo chamber of antis shrilly posting about what they know very little to nothing about.

This is my problem. The current GOP position is pretty stupid (e.g. against universal background checks) but the current Democrat position is even worse ("assault weapon" bans, magazine restrictions, waiting periods, etc.) Same reason GOP is so against registration: they rightly fear that their registered guns will be quickly confiscated like they were in NYC and CT.

If some Democrat legislator proposed a law that would enforce universal background checks and create a federal registry, but ALSO preempted all state-level feature bans, magazine restrictions and the like, I think you would see a lot of support from both sides. Gun owners could feel good about legalizing normal guns like AR15s, and gun control people could feel good about universal background checks and a traceable registry of weapons used in crimes.

Also silencers should be removed from the NFA and sold in hardware stores.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

bidikyoopi posted:

they rightly fear that their registered guns will be quickly confiscated like they were in NYC and CT.
That actually happened?

bidikyoopi posted:

Also silencers should be removed from the NFA and sold in hardware stores.
Unfortunately this will never happen.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Also Japan is a police state. hth

You'd think that if it were really impossible to significantly affect the amount of guns in circulation, then this wouldn't matter because they'd have easy access to guns regardless of Japanese cops being cheerfully jackbooted.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

bidikyoopi posted:

Also silencers suppressors should be removed from the NFA and sold in hardware stores.

We can dream. (also, iftfy)
I'd be happy continuing with the $200 tax stamp, if it meant that suppressors were more affordable and accessible without a ridiculous waiting period.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Effectronica posted:

You'd think that if it were really impossible to significantly affect the amount of guns in circulation, then this wouldn't matter because they'd have easy access to guns regardless of Japanese cops being cheerfully jackbooted.
As best as I can tell, much like single-payer health care, American exceptionalism makes it uniquely impossible and also an awful idea at the same time.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
^^ ain't no reason single payer can't work in USA but that is for another thread

I am not a book posted:

That actually happened?

Yes it did. NYC banned all guns with a capacity over 5 rounds, including some "assault" grade .22LR rifles with tube magazines. They sent letters requiring proof of sale, transported out of state, or surrendered to local PD. Meanwhile, in NYC and around the country, 90% of firearm homicides occur with handguns.

Democrats are really good at antagonizing gun owners, while their laws don't actually address the problem. When you antagonize gun owners, they come out and vote to recall you. You can't make good laws about immigration and education and all kinds of poo poo if you get thrown out of office for trying to ban magazines, you dummy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

bidikyoopi posted:

Democrats are really good at antagonizing gun owners, while their laws don't actually address the problem. When you antagonize gun owners, they come out and vote to recall you. You can't make good laws about immigration and education and all kinds of poo poo if you get thrown out of office for trying to ban magazines, you dummy.
So if we dispense pure ignorance and sheer wickedness, what, exactly, do you think motivates these politicians to do these stupid and self-destructive things? Granting that perhaps for a period the political climate was different. Presumably there was something other than a seething, irrational loathing of the freedoms of law-abiding gun owners involved in these particular legal restrictions; do any historian sorts know what those reasons were?

This is not sticking up for gun control or whatever, but the frame of these things makes it seem like the gun-control advocates are either stupid or wicked, and this seems to be implausible for explaining why Political Group X reached Policy Y. Even the dumb-rear end poo poo the current crop of Republicans spews has an identifiable point. What was this identifiable point for all of this vaunted 'cosmetic features and magazine sizes' stuff I keep hearing about? Does anyone even know, or is this all just a bunch of bullshit which has, in the final analysis, actually become too fogged and heated for any sort of discussion or discovery, what-so-ever?

Nessus fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 23, 2014

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Nessus posted:

So if we dispense pure ignorance and sheer wickedness,

Why do you feel the need to dispense those things from the reasoning? It's feel-good knee-jerk lunacy.
edit: and I will add that I'd wager they believe that their party's voting base aren't the ones affected.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 23, 2014

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

So if we dispense pure ignorance and sheer wickedness, what, exactly, do you think motivates these politicians to do these stupid and self-destructive things? Granting that perhaps for a period the political climate was different. Presumably there was something other than a seething, irrational loathing of the freedoms of law-abiding gun owners involved in these particular legal restrictions; do any historian sorts know what those reasons were?

This is not sticking up for gun control or whatever, but the frame of these things makes it seem like the gun-control advocates are either stupid or wicked, and this seems to be implausible for explaining why Political Group X reached Policy Y. Even the dumb-rear end poo poo the current crop of Republicans spews has an identifiable point. What was this identifiable point for all of this vaunted 'cosmetic features and magazine sizes' stuff I keep hearing about? Does anyone even know, or is this all just a bunch of bullshit which has, in the final analysis, actually become too fogged and heated for any sort of discussion or discovery, what-so-ever?

It's something that doesn't meaningfully affect things, so the NRA can let it pass and drum up support for then among gun owners without risking anything meaningful.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

Why do you feel the need to dispense those things from the reasoning?
Because just-so stories are typically bullshit, if sometimes partially grounded in actual events. Presumably someone, somewhere decided on these useless and futile measures, and I am curious what those reasons were, if only out of historical interest.

To make a comparison of what I mean: Invading Iraq was stupid and wicked. It was also rooted in neoconservative theories of international influence, leavened with several other factors which you can say had a greater or lesser role (greed for oil wealth/reconstruction contacts; Bush wanting to get back for his father; whatever.) Saying "Bush invaded Iraq because he was stupid and wicked" is incomplete.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Nessus posted:

As best as I can tell, much like single-payer health care, American exceptionalism makes it uniquely impossible and also an awful idea at the same time.

This paper was pretty interesting when it comes to some of the practical ends.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Nessus posted:

I'm also a Democrat, so I don't think I do either of those things. I think what motivates them is a desire to stop gun violence combined with an ignorance of gun design, use and crime. And ignorance influences policy a lot, in every subject, on every level. I don't think GOP politicians are necessarily any less ignorant, but Democrats particularly tend to push legislature that doesn't affect crime one iota, but affects law-abiding citizens a great deal.

edit: I also think that assault weapons bans have a lot to do with fear, and perception of dangerousness. "feature" bans are just that: banning cosmetic features. A pistol grip looks scary, but doesn't really make the gun more lethal. Bayonet lugs are nearly 100% cosmetic. Folding/collapsable stocks are a storage and comfort feature. But all those things make a gun look a lot scarier than a wood-stocked sporting rifle.

Marvin K. Mooney fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 23, 2014

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Nessus posted:

Because just-so stories are typically bullshit, if sometimes partially grounded in actual events. Presumably someone, somewhere decided on these useless and futile measures, and I am curious what those reasons were, if only out of historical interest.

If you really wanted to dig up said things, it doesn't take much to find out who has continually been pushing for the feel-good knee-jerk stuff and their motivations.

Short list:
Bloomberg
McCarthy
Feinstein

Those are not household names because of how awesome their leadership skills and critical thinking skills are.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nessus posted:

To make a comparison of what I mean: Invading Iraq was stupid and wicked. It was also rooted in neoconservative theories of international influence, leavened with several other factors which you can say had a greater or lesser role (greed for oil wealth/reconstruction contacts; Bush wanting to get back for his father; whatever.) Saying "Bush invaded Iraq because he was stupid and wicked" is incomplete.

This is kind of my point. People who talk reverentially of guns and ascribe to them an almost mystic power simply cannot conceive that people who favor gun control don't view guns in the same way. It's assumed that gun control proponents also invest guns with this sort of unlimited significance. But since they're "anti-gun" they must be wicked.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The Insect Court posted:

This is kind of my point. People who talk reverentially of guns and ascribe to them an almost mystic power simply cannot conceive that people who favor gun control don't view guns in the same way. It's assumed that gun control proponents also invest guns with this sort of unlimited significance. But since they're "anti-gun" they must be wicked.

Are you being intentionally obtuse when you claim that the significance of guns is "mystical"? There is a reason that every American police office on the beat carries one and it isn't out of religious observation.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Are you being intentionally obtuse when you claim that the significance of guns is "mystical"? There is a reason that every American police office on the beat carries one and it isn't out of religious observation.
I'd say there's certainly symbolic significance being granted to firearms, probably well in excess of their actual practical utility or hobbyist enthusiasm. Whether or not it's different from, say, how samurai saw their swords is a different sort of matter.

As someone whose childhood exposure to guns was "a little target shooting in the woods," and who otherwise lived in cities, it does kinda seem cultish sometimes. Not overtly so much as indirectly. The pistol will keep my family safe, etc.

This is not so much Joe Average Gun Owner, I imagine, so much as the guys who are SUPER into guns... and, perhaps, the NRA. And I imagine J.A.G.O. may adopt some of the language of the latter when the topic comes up, which may increase that impression.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
Much like the symbolic significance ascribed to gay marriage or abortions?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Fat Ogre posted:

Much like the symbolic significance ascribed to gay marriage or abortions?
No, more like the symbolic significance ascribed to the saving blood of Jesus Christ.

This is of course purely pragmatic and is not meant to say "people who own guns or enjoy gun hobbies are bad, or crazy." But I've never heard someone fantasize about how their gay marriage will smash the patriarchy, or about ever since they got an abortion they've been filled with a renewed confidence. Or how in the face of the inevitable and imminent collapse of society, the responsible thing to do for your family is get gay married and/or abortions - plenty of them!

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Nessus posted:

No, more like the symbolic significance ascribed to the saving blood of Jesus Christ.

This is of course purely pragmatic and is not meant to say "people who own guns or enjoy gun hobbies are bad, or crazy." But I've never heard someone fantasize about how their gay marriage will smash the patriarchy, or about ever since they got an abortion they've been filled with a renewed confidence. Or how in the face of the inevitable and imminent collapse of society, the responsible thing to do for your family is get gay married and/or abortions - plenty of them!

You've never heard how abortions are a symbol of liberated womanhood, or that gay marriage is a symbol of greater societal acceptance?

Polarizing issues regardless of what they are, by they're very nature have symbolic significance.

What you're ascribing to gun owners are symbols it is easy to disagree with as a way to prove your point.

Firearm ownership is also a symbol of trust in your fellow man, a symbol of freedom from oppression and a symbol of independence. Why exactly are those bad symbols?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Fat Ogre posted:

You've never heard how abortions are a symbol of liberated womanhood, or that gay marriage is a symbol of greater societal acceptance?

Polarizing issues regardless of what they are, by they're very nature have symbolic significance.

What you're ascribing to gun owners are symbols it is easy to disagree with as a way to prove your point.

Firearm ownership is also a symbol of trust in your fellow man, a symbol of freedom from oppression and a symbol of independence. Why exactly are those bad symbols?
What do you think my point is? My gun control inclinations go about as far as "perhaps we should review the Stand Your Ground laws, otherwise I don't give a gently caress." I am OK with all three of those things you are listing. I have only heard one of them discussed in weird theological terms, and I have only been excoriated lengthily for agreeing with someone in slightly different terms on one of them - and it was guns.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Nessus posted:

What do you think my point is? My gun control inclinations go about as far as "perhaps we should review the Stand Your Ground laws, otherwise I don't give a gently caress." I am OK with all three of those things you are listing. I have only heard one of them discussed in weird theological terms, and I have only been excoriated lengthily for agreeing with someone in slightly different terms on one of them - and it was guns.

The problem is that instead of reviewing stand your ground laws, gun-control advocates have focused on regulating guns that look like guns on movies and tv.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

on the left posted:

The problem is that instead of reviewing stand your ground laws, gun-control advocates have focused on regulating guns that look like guns on movies and tv.
While I may have dates wrong, isn't what you're saying here "Instead of reviewing a thing passed in the year 2010, gun-control advocates made a proposal in the year 1996"? I will admit freely I have not bothered looking at the details of gun control proposals because I know they will not pass, so they might as well be issuing papal bulls against the comet.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

bidikyoopi posted:

Yes it did. NYC banned all guns with a capacity over 5 rounds, including some "assault" grade .22LR rifles with tube magazines. They sent letters requiring proof of sale, transported out of state, or surrendered to local PD. Meanwhile, in NYC and around the country, 90% of firearm homicides occur with handguns.

on the left posted:

Out of curiosity, has there ever been an attempt at gun control at the federal or state level in the US that focused on the ownership, import, or sale of handguns? I don't mean like extended magazines or cosmetic features or anything, just an attempt to stem the supply of cheap and cheerful holdouts?

Also, the film Lost in Translation taught me that in Japan you can drunkenly have airsoft fights in the streets and no one gives a gently caress, which I feel might be a fair tradeoff for no real guns.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

moller posted:

Out of curiosity, has there ever been an attempt at gun control at the federal or state level in the US that focused on the ownership, import, or sale of handguns? I don't mean like extended magazines or cosmetic features or anything, just an attempt to stem the supply of cheap and cheerful holdouts?

The GCA of 1968 doesn't allow importation of non-sporting weapons. For handguns, the ATF uses a point system.

Also, more than a few states ban the sale of cheap handguns entirely, if you look up what a "Saturday Night Special" is. These types of guns represent a disproportionately large portion of crime. The commonly available study is the 1994 study of which guns are traced back to crimes:

• Lorcin P25 .25 Pistol 3,223
  • Davis Industries P380 .38 Pistol 2,454
  • Raven Arms MP25 .25 Pistol 2,107
  • Lorcin L25 .25 Pistol 1,258
  • Mossburg 500 12G Shotgun 1,015
  • Phoenix Arms Raven .25 Pistol 959
  • Jennings J22 .22 Pistol 929
  • Ruger P89 9 mm Pistol 895
  • Glock 17 9 mm Pistol 843
  • Bryco 38 .38 Pistol 820

The Glock 17 and Mossberg shotgun are the only two guns a hobbyist would have any interest in. Various state governments have also tried to sue these cheap gun makers with mixed success.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

on the left posted:

The GCA of 1968 doesn't allow importation of non-sporting weapons. For handguns, the ATF uses a point system.

So, uh, say Glock pistols in the US are made in the US and not in Austria? I always assumed that the domestic handgun market would be flooded with cheap imports, but I honestly never looked in to it.

EDIT: Also I realized after typing this that it was a bad example, since an Austrian import to the US would generally be an expensive and niche item, given the relative standards of living.

on the left posted:

Also, more than a few states ban the sale of cheap handguns entirely, if you look up what a "Saturday Night Special" is. These types of guns represent a disproportionately large portion of crime. The commonly available study is the 1994 study of which guns are traced back to crimes:

• Lorcin P25 .25 Pistol 3,223
  • Davis Industries P380 .38 Pistol 2,454
  • Raven Arms MP25 .25 Pistol 2,107
  • Lorcin L25 .25 Pistol 1,258
  • Mossburg 500 12G Shotgun 1,015
  • Phoenix Arms Raven .25 Pistol 959
  • Jennings J22 .22 Pistol 929
  • Ruger P89 9 mm Pistol 895
  • Glock 17 9 mm Pistol 843
  • Bryco 38 .38 Pistol 820

The Glock 17 and Mossberg shotgun are the only two guns a hobbyist would have any interest in. Various state governments have also tried to sue these cheap gun makers with mixed success.

The wikipedia page for "Saturday Night Special" makes it seem like about as useful of a term as "Assault Weapon." At the same time it's cool that states have actually gone after the sorts of (hand)guns that are commonly used in crimes. I feel like the Mossburg probably only makes that list because of it's ubiquity though, since shotguns seem relatively useful for all sorts of things compared to small handguns.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

moller posted:

So, uh, say Glock pistols in the US are made in the US and not in Austria? I always assumed that the domestic handgun market would be flooded with cheap imports, but I honestly never looked in to it.

EDIT: Also I realized after typing this that it was a bad example, since an Austrian import to the US would generally be an expensive and niche item, given the relative standards of living.

All but one or two Glock models qualify for import. The rules are pretty easy for almost any pistol manufacturer to make something that qualifies. Glocks are a unique case though because the Glocks used in crimes were generally traded in by police departments buying new Glocks, creating a large supply of inexpensive, lightly used guns.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

on the left posted:

All but one or two Glock models qualify for import. The rules are pretty easy for almost any pistol manufacturer to make something that qualifies. Glocks are a unique case though because the Glocks used in crimes were generally traded in by police departments buying new Glocks, creating a large supply of inexpensive, lightly used guns.

Second-hand cop guns seriously make the top ten used in crimes by model? That's totally insane. Guns are weird as poo poo.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Fat Ogre posted:

Uh, I'd say that firearms are a symbol of distrust more than trust. If people with guns feel safer with them than without them, this means that, unless they have a gun, they fear others.

That's actually one of the interesting points I found in the GSS. There is a question there called "Neighborhood Fear". It's basically, "Is there a place in your neighborhood where you're afraid to go?" And the answer to this question very much differs on the social stratum, and, depending on the stratum, on gun ownership.

For women, the percentage of those who said "no" (i.e. they felt completely confident) is around 40-60%. For men, it's from 70% up. In all the cases where there is a statistically significant sample, gun ownership added 3-6% percent to the percentage of those who felt confident.

Apart from one specific stratum - young white men. For them, it added 11%. Young white men with guns just feel much more secure in their neighborhoods than those without them.

It wouldn't be so funny, except that young white men already have exceptionally high neighborhood confidence levels, around 80%. So, in essence, guns don't do much for women, who are much more afraid of their neighborhoods in general, but serve as an additional crutch for young men, who are already pretty confident.

Then again, since most women are killed by their partners, I guess this makes sense.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

moller posted:

Second-hand cop guns seriously make the top ten used in crimes by model? That's totally insane. Guns are weird as poo poo.

Yeah, Glock's story shows the flip side of the AWB:

quote:

[T]he magazine-capacity law worked in Glock’s favor. First, the law contained a loophole: All guns and magazines manufactured before the effective date in 1994 were "grandfathered" in. So Glock ran the factory at full tilt and built up a huge inventory of "pre-ban" product. When the ban took effect, the price of those guns skyrocketed, leading to huge profits for Glock.
Second, Glock was able to continue to sell to the police, who were not covered by the assault-weapons ban. Third, Glock frequently did trade-in deals with police departments which resulted in former police weapons ending up on the used-gun market. Fourth, Glock introduced several smaller models, known as Pocket Rockets, which complied with the ammo restriction.

http://failuremag.com/feature/article/glock/P1/

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
I find it amazing that both sides in this thread went "yeah, it's totally mental health" and then continued to attack each other's strawmen without batting an eye.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

GlennFinito posted:

I find it amazing that both sides in this thread went "yeah, it's totally mental health" and then continued to attack each other's strawmen without batting an eye.

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I feel that there are more than two sides to this conversation. UN troopers aren't coming to get my shotgun in much the same way that I'm not allowed to own a fully outfitted Bradley.

vvv

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Actually you are in most states ;)

I can have wire guided anti-tank missiles? poo poo, I think I just picked my side.

moller fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 23, 2014

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Actually you are in most states ;)

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm honestly not sure what would lead into gun control laws on the level of other first world countries being enacted in U.S. Two dozen children being gunned down in their classroom might have been my answer few years back but that would have been a wrong answer. I just don't think it will happen. On the other hand, Reagan did enact sweeping gun control legislation in California when black people were carrying them in courthouse steps, so maybe a huge massacre where a black guy is the perpetrator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DarkCrawler posted:

I'm honestly not sure what would lead into gun control laws on the level of other first world countries being enacted in U.S. Two dozen children being gunned down in their classroom might have been my answer few years back but that would have been a wrong answer. I just don't think it will happen. On the other hand, Reagan did enact sweeping gun control legislation in California when black people were carrying them in courthouse steps, so maybe a huge massacre where a black guy is the perpetrator?

Start a nationwide program for minorities to own firearms, and include large numbers of billboards of black people and Hispanics cheerfully using guns or carrying guns in their place of work/out in public.

They'll be banned by the next week.

e: Seriously though a major reason why guns are this big thing is that they're essentially all owned by a subset of the population with massive political influence. If you challenge that by giving them to a detestable part of society (or at least one that's not as politically powerful), you'll see laws that are specifically aimed to ban them.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 23, 2014

• Locked thread