Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Android sucks

Sniped from my iPad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Linguica posted:

the good thing about "sperg" is that I can't decide if it rhymes with "burg" or "purge" so I would never say it IRL because I would have to stop and consider how to pronounce it and that would give me enough time to not actually say it
"asperger's" has a hard g

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i tried to use the awful iphone ap but it keeps crashing when i open a thread
android lol

gregday
May 23, 2003

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
lmao how is it that a 18% charged nexus 7 plugged into a 2a wall charger still manages to run itself dead while skyping

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

hey u fuckers i posted the anroid lol of the day and google making GBS threads the bed is another lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

cremnob posted:

hey u fuckers i posted the anroid lol of the day and google making GBS threads the bed is another lol

gotta do fewer graphs tho

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bing the Noize posted:

lmao how is it that a 18% charged nexus 7 plugged into a 2a wall charger still manages to run itself dead while skyping

because android power management

Old Cod
May 12, 2008

I find my Android Samsung a perfectly usable phone. Nothing wrong with it. No Apple tax for me thanks :)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Angry Moo Cow posted:

I find my Android Samsung a perfectly usable phone. Nothing wrong with it. No Apple tax for me thanks :)

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

a pretender to the bovine throne

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

i have a android at work.

what does a farmer need with a broken telephone?

put it in the swamp.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

i don't farm but i do have a rather full swamp

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

yo is android still bad

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

i don't farm but i do have a rather full swamp

swamp izzo?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

birdlaw posted:

yo is android still bad

as an owner of a samsung android phone running a custom rom let me tell you...

yeah it pretty much is. less so than before but yeah still poo poo.

Bing the Noize posted:

seriouspost: is it an apple or apple compatible 2A charger? some non-apple phones don't detect the crazy resistor network stuff on the data pins that apple uses to signal to their phones/pads how much the charger can supply and default to 500mA like it were some POS USB port.

and yet they will happily pull 2A from some $0.90 knockoff mini-fire hazard AC adapter because android

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

You Am I posted:

because android power management

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

dont post my android home screen

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

seriouspost: is it an apple or apple compatible 2A charger? some non-apple phones don't detect the crazy resistor network stuff on the data pins that apple uses to signal to their phones/pads how much the charger can supply and default to 500mA like it were some POS USB port.

and yet they will happily pull 2A from some $0.90 knockoff mini-fire hazard AC adapter because android
actually nexuses (well at least the phones) are quite particular about both the charger and cable used. given i know personally two people whove managed to catch their nexuses on fire using chinese el cheapo chargers id say its for the best

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

well one nice thing about android being for spergs is that there are a nice number of apps for detailed tracking of random phone functions.

the downside is I had to download and use that because the drat phone kept overheating when i used it for nav on my car dash and i needed soemthing with a programmable temperature alarm function.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
can't wait for the holiday season when all the piece of poo poo android tablets (all of them) go on sale for 20 bucks and my user name is relevant again

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Bing the Noize posted:

this happened recentlu with my ipad air, but i was using one of those flat iphone chargers. theyre poo poo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

god drat it, the fugly android tumblr is gone

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LastInLine posted:

i know personally two people whove managed to catch their nexuses on fire using chinese el cheapo chargers
lol

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

hey guys my fiance and i both use google play music all access and it works a lot better on my moto x than on her iphone 5c. should she trade up to the true google experience?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ANDROID YOU SON OF A BITCH

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bing the Noize posted:

Hey man, how did your intentional tax dodging via shuffling payment processors last year work out for you?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

hey guys my fiance and i both use google play music all access and it works a lot better on my moto x than on her iphone 5c. should she trade up to the true google experience?

you should cease giving money to google immediately

Apr 7, 2003

Apr 7, 2003

Mods, please ban this man for being stupid enough to discuss how he's going to evade taxes on a public forum.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

kraftwerk singles posted:

you should cease giving money to google immediately

their music service works very well.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i use spotify but i'm pretty confused about how they continue to exist

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
what's confusing about profiting from monthly fees, totally free infrastructure to build out on (was p2p and also the CEO did uTorrent), thorough understanding of talmudic contract negotiations, and selling all your personal data?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shifty Pony posted:

i use spotify but i'm pretty confused about how they continue to exist

they're clearly hurting since they gave mobile access to free users and their student subscriptions are now half price

or at least they get more income from the above mentioned non-subscriber sources

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

google updated the anroid camera app

MC Hawking posted:

Hey, guess what. That's completely loving irrelevant at this very second because that sonofabitch lost features instead of gaining anything really meaningful to my photo taking experience. Improving the user experience shouldn't involve taking three steps backwards before adding back in features piecemeal to bring it to the previous standard.

I take a ton of pictures with my phone so as you can imagine I find this particularly offensive as it's not only bad developer strategy, but bad for the consumer as well. Now if they manage to roll all that stuff out over the next week, then great. But that begs the question: why not include it in the first place if it's 95% of the way there? Just push back release a week or three and give the end user a complete product which doesn't make them want to stab the developer in the throat.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

computer parts posted:

they're clearly hurting since they gave mobile access to free users and their student subscriptions are now half price

or at least they get more income from the above mentioned non-subscriber sources

idgi how is giving premium featuresnfor free to mobile customers a sign that the company isn't doing well?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

kraftwerk singles posted:

what's confusing about profiting from monthly fees, totally free infrastructure to build out on (was p2p and also the CEO did uTorrent), thorough understanding of talmudic contract negotiations, and selling all your personal data?

that they don't turn a profit and have no realistic way of doing so because 75% of their revenue goes right to record labels?

Ana5000 posted:

idgi how is giving premium featuresnfor free to mobile customers a sign that the company isn't doing well?

they are desperately hoping those people will love the service so much to switch to paid because they don't have enough paying customers.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I made an Android thread as well, should I close it out? Also kill myself.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I made an Android thread as well, should I close it out? Also kill myself.

don't bother closing it, just sell it at a loss but rig your spreadsheet so it looks like a profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Epic Hamcat posted:

Lol you broke the pedometer by holding it too close to yourself.,

Lol.

• Locked thread