Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

like smythe i too am getting a nexus 6. can't wait to be free of ios

you motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fart simpson posted:

they aren't bad tbh, but i live in china and part of the value proposition for them is if you drop it and the screen shatters you can take it around the corner and a shirtless guy on a plastic stool will pull the phone apart and put it back together with a brand new screen while smoking a cigarette for $20 or something. i don't think you get that service if you aren't in china

this sounds loving ownage

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

xiaomi sells a bundle that's a 49 inch, 4k, 3d tv with a soundbar and wireless subwoofer and also an apple tv clone box that can do illegal airplay mirroring and pull all sorts of other free illegal content for like $650 total

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
cool iyg is leaking.

now we have people unironically recommending cheap chineese knockoffs so that people can watch their animes. gg yospos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fart simpson posted:

xiaomi sells a bundle that's a 49 inch, 4k, 3d tv with a soundbar and wireless subwoofer and also an apple tv clone box that can do illegal airplay mirroring and pull all sorts of other free illegal content for like $650 total

cool

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

cool iyg is leaking.

now we have people unironically recommending cheap chineese knockoffs so that people can watch their animes. gg yospos

Serious win and pure profit.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

cool iyg is leaking.

i wouldn't actually recommend a xiaomi phone though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cool iyg is leaking.

"hurr, smergg" *cuts a huge sloppy fart and drools big time* "inexpensive electronics with more power than a nuke blowing up inside 100 fuel tankers worth of gasoline and also nitroglycerin is loving lame, gay, and retarded. YOSPOS is doomed. *coils up like a chimp and puts his filthy cave man foot in his mouth and starts pissing on his own body, his posture making it so the piss goes all over his torso so the piss drips down onto his balls and taint and rear end in a top hat* "flerrgghhh" -the quoted poster

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Smythe posted:

"hurr, smergg" *cuts a huge sloppy fart and drools big time* "inexpensive electronics with more power than a nuke blowing up inside 100 fuel tankers worth of gasoline and also nitroglycerin is loving lame, gay, and retarded. YOSPOS is doomed. *coils up like a chimp and puts his filthy cave man foot in his mouth and starts pissing on his own body, his posture making it so the piss goes all over his torso so the piss drips down onto his balls and taint and rear end in a top hat* "flerrgghhh" -the quoted poster

you really need to stop narrating your own life.

it's a little odd tbh.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

you really need to stop narrating your own life.

it's a little odd tbh.

Actually, this is my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1uyQZNg2vE

Why? How? Because I use Google products and services. Wanna do all these cool things too? It's simple - just say Ok Google. :-)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Smythe posted:

Actually, this is my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1uyQZNg2vE

Why? How? Because I use Google products and services. Wanna do all these cool things too? It's simple - just say Ok Google. :-)

lol no it isn't. you're too poor to buy a googleass explorer.

you just run yipping around sunder's table hoping he'll drop some scraps for you.

how's lollypop treating you smythe?

Apr 7, 2003

you just run yipping around sunder's table hoping he'll drop some scraps for you.

Your posts are bad.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
PICTURED: A wierdo gets literally aggressive and attempt to humiliate someone after a ridiculous caricature of his posts on the irony computer forum is made.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Your posts are bad.

as are yours, but we all have to lean to live with each other.

Smythe posted:

Pictured: irony escapes a yosposter

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

nice puppetmastering. lmfao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you are bad at smythe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

you are bad at smythe

you're right. i've been trolled by the master of spastic posts. gosh, don't i feel silly

let's get back to the part where people are giving unironic recommendations for chineese oem androids

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you're right. i've been trolled by the master of spastic posts. gosh, don't i feel silly

let's get back to the part where people are giving unironic recommendations for chineese oem androids

when did that part happen

Apr 7, 2003

You got owned pretty hard tbqh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

yes, yes i did.

sometimes i forget about the yospos safespace rules

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
xiaomi is good because it is an enterprising company that will only ever have influence where apples lawyers are not able to sue them for all their bananas.

it is a perfectly equitable relationship and seeing Hugo barra defend their shameless ripoff artistry and try to speak mandarin is hilarious.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
that said iPhone 6 is doing well in China so taking a poo poo on xiaomi's doorstep is pretty cool too I guess

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like that they named their phone company after bird seed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so presumably xiaomi can't sell the not-an-iphone anywhere in NA or europe, are they even legal to import here?

every once in a while i'll see one in one of the little bodega/cellphone shops up here

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
[cremnob]
the moment they try to set up shop in Western Europe/the US I think apple will block sales immediately and probably try to extract patent infringement money too. [/cremnob]

idk the details but I think that xiaomi just won't be able to get away with it over here. and to be honest that is fine, their business model can handle some of the fastest and largest growing economies in the world, the U.S. market is super saturated anyway.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well yeah, i'm pretty sure samsung has the unapologetic iphone knockoff market pretty well sewn up here. even then, people who want an iphone just buy an iphone over here, the carrier subsidies have made them accessible to anyone.

i'm guessing the only way anyone gets a xiaomi here is grey market, which must be hilarious if they want anything like a warranty.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol

i just remembered, who needs xiaomi when loving lenovo makes this beauty

somehow not available outside of china as yet. can't wait for the international launch.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

carrier subsidies

laffo, do you lease your car too?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

laffo, do you lease your car too?

if it's a company car, why would i pay out of pocket for it?

p.s. the major carriers in canada don't give a significant discount if you have your own phone. the best thing to do is to get whatever the hot spergphone du jour is and resell it immediately

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

lol

i just remembered, who needs xiaomi when loving lenovo makes this beauty

somehow not available outside of china as yet. can't wait for the international launch.

I'm the antennae lines.

of all the things you had to bloody copy..

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol owned

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ocrassus posted:

I'm the antennae lines.

of all the things you had to bloody copy..

and even with a 100% "we must copy this exactly" directive the engineers couldn't bring themselves to make a protruding camera lens.

makes you think.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Shifty Pony posted:

and even with a 100% "we must copy this exactly" directive the engineers couldn't bring themselves to make a protruding camera lens.

makes you think.

lmfao

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
update: iPhone 6 is suiting my needs wonderfully

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Smythe posted:

PICTURED: A wierdo gets literally aggressive and attempt to humiliate someone after a ridiculous caricature of his posts on the irony computer forum is made.

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fleshweasel posted:

update: iPhone 6 is suiting my needs wonderfully
literally same

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
FYI for Stillaire owners out there: there is a ten dollar Big Dripper clone on fast tech that had a glass tank, and the nautilus styled grips with a rounded, dome-shaped top. This specific Big Dripper fits the actual "dripper" part snugly and perfectly over the Stillaire deck. It is the perfect size.

I have been all day dripping with this combination of things, and let me tell ya. The big dripper part works, the Stillaire deck is waaaaaaay better than the stock deck, and it sits perfectly flush on a stainless stingray x. If you are a mech user looking for a solid 18650 setup, I seriously recommend this loving Frankenstein of parts as your all day vape machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

FYI for Stillaire owners out there: there is a ten dollar Big Dripper clone on fast tech that had a glass tank, and the nautilus styled grips with a rounded, dome-shaped top. This specific Big Dripper fits the actual "dripper" part snugly and perfectly over the Stillaire deck. It is the perfect size.

I have been all day dripping with this combination of things, and let me tell ya. The big dripper part works, the Stillaire deck is waaaaaaay better than the stock deck, and it sits perfectly flush on a stainless stingray x. If you are a mech user looking for a solid 18650 setup, I seriously recommend this loving Frankenstein of parts as your all day vape machine.

lol

• Locked thread