Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
anyway just wanted to say that my nexus 5 is sitting on 31% battery after 8.5 hrs.

ive been at my desk barely touching it all day. what a loving piece of poo poo.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nelson MandEULA posted:

anyway just wanted to say that my nexus 5 is sitting on 31% battery after 8.5 hrs.

lol android

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
keeping in mind this is actually an improvement over its usual battery life.

cleanmaster tells me that android system ui is causing my phone to overhead. noice!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Nelson MandEULA posted:

post your battery chart

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

oh wait this isn't DYP

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sereri posted:

oh wait this isn't DYP

so many shameful android=havers could've fooled meet

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Nelson MandEULA posted:

try uninstalling your anime live-wallpaper apps

in other news, moto and lg both pinched off lollipop updates before google :allears:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

try uninstalling your anime live-wallpaper apps

in other news, moto and lg both pinched off lollipop updates before google :allears:

tbf motorola was google until last week.

also, google doesn't actually make phones. no matter how they try to sell them, the nexus phones are just creature-of-the-week poo poo from a random oem.

this is also why they tend to be hilariously lovely. the only saving grace, and reason they have a "good" reputation, is that googe doesn't allow the oem to poo poo up the os with bundled crapware

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
if only someone was making phones with the best hardware and not letting carriers bundle crapware

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stringent posted:

if only someone was making phones with the best hardware and not letting carriers bundle crapware

no, you see android is all about choice, not doing what you're told

the choice of lovely broken phones and the choice of what os features you want to actually work. all about choice.

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007

infernal machines posted:

also, google doesn't actually make phones. no matter how they try to sell them, the nexus phones are just creature-of-the-week poo poo from a random oem.

this is also why they tend to be hilariously lovely. the only saving grace, and reason they have a "good" reputation, is that googe doesn't allow the oem to poo poo up the os with bundled crapware

my nexus 5 is a very boring phone, but it far from "hilariously lovely"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Low-Pass Filter posted:

my nexus 5 is a very boring phone, but it far from "hilariously lovely"

sure, poo poo like this just exists in a vacuum created whole cloth by the overactive imaginations of critics.

i mean it's not like they had to re-tool the production process to fix the fact that the speakers and buttons didn't work the first go round, or to fix display problems...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

but maybe it's just that lg sucks now, i mean, it's not like the nexus 4 had this kind of poo poo happen right? oh, right then

but the previous nexus phones were good though right? i mean except for that one that samsung made that had two mutually incompatible hardware revisions some of which couldn't be patched/updated despite being sold with identical name and model numbers under the nexus brand

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 10, 2014

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sure, poo poo like this just exists in a vacuum created whole cloth by the overactive imaginations of critics.

i mean it's not like they had to re-tool the production process to fix the fact that the speakers and buttons didn't work the first go round, or to fix display problems...

lol that phone's ugly as poo poo

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

"i'll show these fuckers"
*types "nexus 5 problems" into google*
*posts first link*

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

butt dickus posted:

*posts first link*

:fap:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

butt dickus posted:

*posts first link*

literally this.

it yospos, it's not like i'm going to make any more effort than that to say a phone is lovely

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

me neither. the iphone is lovely cause people drop it cause it's too slippery and it bends when you look at it wrong.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

it yospos, it's not like i'm going to make any more effort than that to say a phone is lovely

but maybe it's just that lg sucks now, i mean, it's not like the nexus 4 had this kind of poo poo happen right? oh, right then
but the previous nexus phones were good though right? i mean except for that one that samsung made that had two mutually incompatible hardware revisions some of which couldn't be patched/updated despite being sold with identical name and model numbers under the nexus brand

no, you see android is all about choice, not doing what you're told

the choice of lovely broken phones and the choice of what os features you want to actually work. all about choice.

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

me neither. the iphone is lovely cause people drop it cause it's too slippery and it bends when you look at it wrong.

this is also true (for the ipone 6 at least).

but it's less lovely than the nexus (any of them) by virtue of otherwise working out of the box

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:tipshat:

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

oh great sagebrush is here too. the lukewarm conversation i'm anticipating makes me pine for cremnob posts

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007

oh, huh, didn't know about that stuff.

you clearly read about this stuff...a lot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

part of my job is telling people not to buy/deploy/support lovely phones.

it's difficult because all phones are poo poo.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Glitch: can't receive phone calls on nexus 5 phone.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

eric posted:

this is just speculation since nobody ever called anyone who owns a nexus 5

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

eric posted:

this would never happen on an iphone

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Sagebrush posted:

This is actually my only gripe with the Z3 so far, that fucker slides of everything because of its overly shinny back.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i got this case and it's v. nice, has the kind of textured effect like the back of my old galaxy nexus. fits well and looks fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Xperia-Compact-Frosted-Shield/dp/B00OOHHKIK/

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

mods rename thread to

android : now with no laughs but correct spelling.

and then gas it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i got this case and it's v. nice, has the kind of textured effect like the back of my old galaxy nexus. fits well and looks fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Xperia-Compact-Frosted-Shield/dp/B00OOHHKIK/

why does it have multiple tumors?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Do you mean the cut outs on the sides that allow you to access powerful and practical features like the dedicated camera shutter button or the waterproof gasketed door covering the usb port?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

mods rename thread to

android : now with no laughs but correct spelling.

and then gas it

how about renaming it to "IYG embassy: No Android laughs allowed"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Do you mean the cut outs on the sides that allow you to access powerful and practical features like the dedicated camera shutter button or the waterproof gasketed door covering the usb port?

lol oh

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

how about renaming it to "IYG embassy: No Android laughs allowed"

how about just gassing it

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
how about just posting better instead of complaining you fucks

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Heresiarch posted:

how about just posting better instead of complaining you fucks

you first

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

carry on then posted:

how about just gassing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

i'm waiting for lollipop to drop for the devices i have so i can share whatever stupid poo poo happens

• Locked thread