Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Chris James 2 posted:

Hornswoggle and Zeb Coulter have left the WWE to Join The Force

https://twitter.com/GFWWrestling/status/728652679950536704

could someone please faceswap this like they did with brock/taker thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Joining The Force so goddamn hard right now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WE DID IT

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I picture a garbage chute leading from Vince's office straight down to a dumpster with a poorly painted GFW logo on it.

This would also go a long way toward explaining the grimy poo poo everyone is covered with in the official GFW photos.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

:siren: :siren: ATTENTION NJ GOONS :siren: :siren:

Please go to the show on June 11 and report back please

Thanks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

big fan of Jarrett insisting every indie he's on slap Global Force Wrestling on the poster and pretending like it's a co-promoted event

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

21 Hoot Salute posted:

:siren: :siren: ATTENTION NJ GOONS :siren: :siren:

Please go to the show on June 11 and report back please

Thanks

where in NJ is it

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

It's nice to see Sandow is now achieving his lifelong dream of becoming a grilled cheese sandwich.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
So the old no-compete clauses are gone (or drastically shortened)?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Squalitude posted:

post-Lesnar, WWE's no-compete clause changed to guarantee downside money if you don't work anywhere else during that time. Totally optional, you can waive it like both Colt and Chris Hero did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Squalitude posted:

No-compete clauses only apply to promotions with TV or PPV. Guys have always been able to do indies. Due to the nature of the clause you can pretty much do whatever you want but if you sign with a company that violates the clause you'll lose out on the 90 days of pay WWE sends you for not competing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait, Booker got released? Now who will stare murderously on pre-shows? :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait, Booker got released? Now who will stare murderously on pre-shows? :(

Nah. Sandow, Zeb and Hornswoggle did. Booker has the same deal as Lawler where they commentate but they can also do indy shows.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

I have a hankering for garlic bread now. Thanks GFW filter

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Nah. Sandow, Zeb and Hornswoggle did. Booker has the same deal as Lawler where they commentate but they can also do indy shows.

Oh that makes more sense. Forgot Jerry had that deal.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#DreamMatch

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
keyport is literally 5 minutes away from me

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Periscope it for us

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MotU posted:

keyport is literally 5 minutes away from me

You'd be crazy not to drive five minutes to see Colt "Boom Boom" "Matt Classic" "Scotty Goldman" "The Jew Viper aka The Jiper" "Colt Daddy" "The Other Guy From The CM Punk Podcast" Cabana.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
gotta make sure i can get the day off + grab someone to go w/ since car aint workin

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm sorry I still cannot get over that garlic bread filter, they look delicious

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dead Snoopy posted:

This will always be the pinnacle of Jarrett's career: https://youtu.be/m6S2ysN5izk

No, it was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MQRXbLU19k

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I actually had to check their website to see if GFW was still a thing and if they were doing shows, and holy poo poo, they somehow still are

quote:

Global Force bringing wrestling back to fair roots

Global Force Wrestling is preparing for a huge show on Thursday, July 28 in Valparaiso, Indiana, at the Porter County Fair.

GFW founder Jeff Jarrett spoke with the Northwest Indiana Times about what fans at the faigrounds can expect from a GFW event.

There will be a meet and greet with GFW co-founders Jeff and Karen Jarrett, GFW NEX*GEN champion Sonjay Dutt, GFW women’s champion Christina Von Eerie and more wrestling stars beginning at 5:30 p.m., with matches set to begin at 7:30. Also scheduled to appear are Hall of Famer Scott Hall, Chris “The Adonis” Mordetzky, Swoggle, Cody Deaner and Nick Cutler.

Cutler, a Northwest Indiana native, spoke about the opportunity to wrestle on a GFW card and his admiration for Jeff Jarrett with the LaPorte Herald Argus.

Strangely enough the story on their website doesn't mention some of the additional wrestlers that get named in the first link in the article.

quote:

‘Big Sexy’ Kevin Nash

Veteran movie alum—including featured roles in both “Magic Mike” movies, “The Longest Yard,” and “Rock of Ages”—as well as world-famous wrestling alum, Kevin Nash’s previous World Champion title in the WWE and WCW earned him the right and honor to be addressed as “Big Sexy.” Nash is a founding member of the NWO, the renowned group that changed professional wrestling.

Colt ‘Boom Boom’ Cabana

Chicago’s own, Colt “Boom Boom” Cabana, is coming home to Chicagoland. This versatile self-starter has the talent to back up the “wow” factor he brings to the ring. Cabana is from Maxwell Street in Chicago, but he has worldwide wrestling experience.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RZApublican posted:

I actually had to check their website to see if GFW was still a thing and if they were doing shows, and holy poo poo, they somehow still are

Strangely enough the story on their website doesn't mention some of the additional wrestlers that get named in the first link in the article.

gently caress, I could have gone to that show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the upshot is that the heat will dry out Jeff and Karen so fans can enjoy hungover Jeff Jarrett instead of belligerently drunk Jeff Jarrett

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

How dare they not mention Kevin Nash's feature roles in "John Wick" and the Thomas Jane "Punisher". :mad:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How much money has JJ lost on this?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How much money has JJ lost on this?

Of his own money? Maybe not much -- I thought he was mostly funding this with other people's scratch.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Live in Ontario? It's time to #JoinTheForce

quote:

Timmins, ONT
Global Force Wrestling heads north of the border on Saturday, Oct. 1 for “Northern Justice,” an action-packed night of wrestling in Timmins, Ontario, Canada, featuring GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett, GFW NEX*GEN champion Sonjay Dutt, Cody Deaner and Kongo Kong.

Toronto
The stars of Global Force Wrestling and the stars of Destiny World Wrestling collide at “Global Showdown” on Sunday, Oct. 2 at Don Kolov Arena at Battle Arts Academy in Mississauga. GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett, GFW NEX*GEN champion

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

What i'm getting from this is their #2 guy is Sonjay Dutt and holy hell that is sad

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Toronto one is about 20 minutes away from me and that's still too far

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Toronto one is about 20 minutes away from me and that's still too far

Dude, just cross the line JOIN THE FORCE

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DJExile posted:

What i'm getting from this is their #2 guy is Sonjay Dutt and holy hell that is sad

At least they seem to have Kongo Kong as their #1 guy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sonjay's the booker or creative or something for GFW isn't he?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

DJExile posted:

They're trying to sign Black Machismo to be their #1 guy right now.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Germansimp posted:

At least they seem to have Kongo Kong as their #1 guy.

Other than IWA Mid-South and Juggalo Championship Wrestling his wikipedia page lists Kongo Kong as having a bunch of one-off championships at indies I've never heard off with his only notable major industry experience being at GFW. Think about that.

Save us, Buff Bagwell.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 19, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RZApublican posted:

Other than IWA Mid-South and Juggalo Championship Wrestling his wikipedia page lists Kongo Kong as having a bunch of one-off championships at indies I've never heard off with his only notable major industry experience being at GFW. Think about that.

Save us, Buff Bagwell.
PWI has him ranked at #223 so he's objectively better than 277 wrestlers.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Endless Mike posted:

PWI has him ranked at #223 so he's objectively better than 277 wrestlers.

Kongo Kong or Buff Bagwell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kongo Kong

• Locked thread