Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

needs more JJ

He's there.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 17, 2014

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

huh.

OHHHHHHHHHHH gently caress.

drat that's good.

When I was working on it I was surprised and weirded out by how interchangeable Ralphus' and JJ's faces are.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

:lol:

Gonna be hard to top this one.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

That looks like a 'shopped photo from an Onion article about wrestling.

It's from a TNA show so it might as well be

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

From today's Observer update:

--Chris Thomas, who worked in P.R. for TNA for years, is the latest name linked with Jeff Jarrett's new Global Force Wrestling promotion.

Who knew the company that does zero promotion outside of the occasional spike tv commercial that almost feels like a time filler accident and is known for making terrible twitter decisions even had a P.R. person

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

They do promotion outside Spike, it's just all really god awful. Let's not forget their decision to buy 3 billboards for Impact in Stamford CT during the new Monday Night Wars.

Fair enough - I forgot that when they actually do try they go about it in the dumbest way possible so it pretty much cancels it out

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

RZApublican posted:

Breaking news: GFW's first show to happen outside Doobie's Dog House.

Jobbers piled high... god bless

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

These photoshops are getting pretty convincing!!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ChampRamp posted:

MRT is getting pretty good at this stuff

If you look closely you can see it's just Jarrett putting his coat on reversed with AJ hugging someone else cut out and pasted over him

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I miss the blinky Double J sunglasses those were pretty rad

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't know how to live in a world where Global Force Wrestling is even a little more than just Jeff Jarrett posing with random wrestlers in pictures

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As someone that has wanted to get into NJPW but finds it a bit overwhelming not knowing what is going on outside of this guy is fighting that guy it'll be really nice to have some english commentary to be able to fully appreciate what is going on since everyone talks it up as basically being the best promotion going today. Having it be JR doing the commentary is just a bonus. Also this will probably be the first full NJPW event I'm really looking forward to watching so congrats to double J for at least succeeding on promoting a single show to someone that wouldn't normally go out of their way to watch it.

Even if Global Force continues to just be porting NJPW with english commentary it seems like a really good idea.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Man, it's nice when someone takes the heat off your own dumb opinions with a dumber one.

Then why bring attention back to it by posting this

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why did you put a IZ in it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jeff Jarrett brought in english commentary and Scott Steiner - he pretty much knows exactly how to draw me in

Global Force is more legit in my mind than TNA already

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good to see Macklemore is now under the GFW umbrella

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait Scott Hall is drinking again?

Suppose I shouldn't be surprised but drat he was doing so well

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

This has been happening every few months, unfortunately.

That's sad. I mean I figure we all saw it coming eventually but it's one of those things you hope he doesn't gently caress up on all things considered. Don't get too many success stories in that side of wrestling.

Did Jake relapse too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dsriggs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9mvjL8nQE

"This is real. This isn't scripted."

That's a really good trailer. Here's to hoping it'll be interesting and not just another wrestling dumpster fire.

• Locked thread