Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

where are the 9/11 gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/HireMeJJarrett

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

join the force

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

My favorite thing about Global Force Wrestling is the very real possibility that Vince Russo will be involved at some point

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Global Force Wrestling has a youtube web series about Jeff Jarrett's journey across the country and as far as I can tell it's just video from the inside of a moving car with inspirational speeches from movies playing over indie wrestling clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs5HXO--uag

#jointheforce

oatgan fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 19, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

twitter user Hire Me Jeff Jarrett uploaded a promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwNEcoMxiU

he also designed a t-shirt for them

#jointheforce

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jeff Jarrett has never had enough heat to melt steel

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if we all tweet Big Daddy Yum Yum at him will they be forced to sign him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Has anyone actually #JoinedTheForce other than Jeff and Karen (and Toby Keith, maybe)? And more importantly, does Jeff actually think this is going to be anything, or is he aware he's running a pyramid scheme disguised as a promotion?

no, yes, yes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

http://globalforcewrestling.com/wwp/

Among the amazing talent Jarrett will have access to thanks to this agreement? Why, former TNA star Joe E. Legend!

turkish wrestling icon

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I nuts for feeling like this is the only legit piece of news as far as #JoiningTheForce so far, but that it is in fact something?

when jeff jarrett hires a wrestler other than himself it's something. Until that moment this is just a one-man invasion

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rotinaj posted:

What the gently caress is any of that accomplishing?

Like every other misspelled press release from Global Force Wrestling, nothing. It accomplished absolutely nothing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/06/06/watch-out-wwe-wrestling-legend-throws-his-hat-in-ring/

WWE Wrestling Legend

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

promoter of the year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jeff jarrett owns so hard

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

Neither TNA nor WWE are "Match after match after match" and I'm not sure if that's for the better or worst anymore.

njpw is, however!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Johanns Molemann posted:

hasnt jr fantasy booked him and cm punk calling a japan match several times on his podcast and in his blog?

what a mark

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think I'll wait to see who's doing the English commentary before I make a choice. Those Japanese announcers get hyyyyype

SAP is the japanese audio though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I know this is essentially none of you, but I'll ask anyway: If you've never watched a New Japan show, but are going to start because of GFW, please watch it with the original Japanese commentary, not with JR.

I just can't see him having the right tone to make it feel like a New Japan show.

this is missing the point on why someone who doesnt already care about new japan would start watching now that it's available in english

Also it assumes that anybody actually cares about global force wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is there any chance that GFW Presents: Wrestlekingdom 9 isn't a huge failure? I'd like be to optimistic but I really can't envision this doing any buys. Grabbing JR was honestly pretty smart but he's literally the biggest name they can advertise here that anybody will care about. I guess you could promote AJ Styles but he's halfway down the card.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

GFW's WK9 will have middle acts/conclusions to a lot of angles you wouldnt get without the context of previous shows (most especially the main event) so english commentary is good for first-time watchers and a lot of people in general. To say everything will happen in the ring on January 4th is a bit reductive, so please be respectful

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

Is this the good Japanese wrestling or the vanilla looking guys stiffing/chopping each other Japanese wrestling?

Both

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tonfa posted:

It's more of a scale than a firm divide in NJPW. Suzuki-gun is heel against all other factions but face against Bullet Club.

except during the G1 when AJ Styles got the crowd behind him in a match with Minoru. Hell they even popped huge when the Bullet Club interfered to chase off Suzuki-gun

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MRT don't lie you made that

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

super macho dude posted:

Im not quite sure if I understand what GFW Wrestle Kingdom 9 is going to be: is this a NJPW ppv that Jarrett is sort of producing for an American audience or are there going to be signed GFW wrestlers (lol, I know) also wrestling?

GFW isn't a real thing with employees, or wrestlers, or shows. They are just helping distribute a NJPW PPV in America.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

masato tatanka posted:

Mauro loves NJPW and has broadcast experience calling puro and Schiavello is a clueless idiot who couldn't identify Tiger Jeet Singh, calling him a terrorist of some sort that at the NYE show where Inoki was crucified.

with his new information I'd like to also throw in some support for Michael Schiavello

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Everyone just take a minute to imagine Matt "I'm marking out bro" Striker actually saying the words "Suzukigun Ichiban" out loud.

Just let that sink in.

what emotions am i supposed to be feeling because mostly i dont care

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gfw is not real

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I was perhaps too hasty in calling it a fake wrestling promotion. I absolutely loved their first show New Japan Pro Wrestling presents Wrestlekingdom 9: Presented by Global Force Wrestling and selfishly want more. Apologies to all and poppa bear himself, King of the Mountain Jeff "Double J" Jarrett

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Demp posted:

It's gonna be unbearably hot and lovely.

Jeff Jarrett trying something new by adding a hot crowd to his tried and true formula

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chael Sonnen

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

GFW rules

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

WWE is probably pissed that GFW got Moose
there is zero chance in hell that global force wrestling has iron clad contracts

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

That's not even enough people for one wrestling show

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

I know this was months and months ago, but whatever happened to the Thea Trinidad/NXT talk?

Jeff Jarrett happened, clearly

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

I've seen promotions in bumfuck nowhere with a better roster than GFW so I'm actually thoroughly convinced Jeff Jarrett is dragging this on until he can find a money mark to pay for their entire thing without having to spend any of his own money.

The only part of the roster that sucks is Tapa and Trinidad which is kinda inexcusable given how easy it is to find talented women on the indies otherwise it's pretty good just small

On the other hand it's really difficult to care because GFW is irrelevant.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Was Hulk Hogan's Australian promotion WCW 3.5 or so?

No, the WWA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what opportunity did moose turn down exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Not that the press conference got any attention to begin with but it seems odd to hold back the single name indie wrestling fans care about until now

• Locked thread