Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am so excited for GFW.

This is either going to be a bunch of solid shows, in which case the sheer shock will rival Lesnar beating Taker, or it's going to be a trainwreck not seen since the weekly TNA PPVs, except as a television show.

(It's going to be a trainwreck)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The best part is that no matter what picture gets posted, so long as it has a wrestler with Jarrett, the hashtag, and the website, I'm not 100% sure if it's a fake.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

do not tease me with s Tyler Reks/Kamala main event

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sweeney Tom posted:

This might already be sadder than current TNA

And they haven't even had a show yet!

If GFW can fall this far before announcing their first show, imagine how far they can fall when they have one! :allears:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Before TNA held their first show they were saying how because they were on PPV and didn't have sponsors to think of they could be incredibly raunchy and show "TNA" so it's just par for the course.

Yes, but did Jeff Jarrett take pictures of himself with Giant Gonzales and paint #CrossTheLine on them?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

My god, some of those fan pictures...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GFW is already a greater financial success than TNA has ever been.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

if we all tweet Big Daddy Yum Yum at him will they be forced to sign him

Are you implying that #GFWGM would not normally want to sign an international sensation like Big Daddy Yum Yum?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Well if that's the prize for not tweeting, what's the super prize for actually tweeting?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Did they retweet Big Daddy Yum Yum?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

This is a ponzi scheme or something right

#JoinTheFarce

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I have a feeling this is more along the lines of that promotion in Flordia the Wilpon family was gonna start before they ran out of money and had to sell the Mets.

In so much as JJ doesn't have the juice to get this up and going, but is delusional enough to THINK he does.

Don't say this, jackass.

We all need GFW, if only for one incredibly sad episode.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Not having any wrestlers signed yet is probably the smartest thing to come out of GFW so far.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Has Jeff done a Kickstarter for this GFW thing yet? Because this feels exactly like one of those Kickstarter scams. like the OUYA or something.

Who needs a kickstarter when you have TOBY KEITH?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

the OUYA actually produced a thing that you could own(granted it might catch fire but whatever). GFW has 8x10s.

8x10s are more valuable than an OUYA though.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

JTG to be renamed JTF

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Bad Luck Fail for GFW champion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

http://globalforcewrestling.com/wwp/

Global Force Wrestling posted:

GFW INKS PARTNERSHIP WITH SOUTH AFRICAN PROMOTION

NASHVILLE – Continuing to extend its reach, Global Force Wrestling has reached an agreement with yet another international partner.

Following partnerships with top promotions in Mexico, Japan and throughout Europe, GFW’s newest partnership is with World Wrestling Professionals out of South Africa, the biggest federation in the Southern Hemisphere. WWP puts on shows throughout Africa and India and has run TV shows in South Africa and India.

“I have spent a significant amount of time wrestling in India, so I know there is a passion for it there,” Jarrett said. “There’s potential to reach a huge audience in that part of the world, and we hope to tap into that in any way that we can. Our fans might be surprised at the talent WWP already has, as well.”

One of WWP’s biggest annual events will take place in South African in September.

“Jeff Jarrett is well known to fans in the Southern Hemisphere, so the opportunity to work with him and Global Force Wrestling is great for us,” said Mark Beale, the owner/promoter of WWP. “We certainly can see the potential for mutual benefit.”

GFW has announced partnership with Mexico’s AAA, New Japan Pro Wrestling and top promotions in the United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland.

#JointheForce

https://www.globalforcewrestling.com

Among the amazing talent Jarrett will have access to thanks to this agreement? Why, former TNA star Joe E. Legend!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Didn't AJ refuse to go to developmental?

I think the story he told was that his wife had to teach in Georgia, so he wasn't willing to live in Ohio while also making way less money than he could make otherwise.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Which makes sense, but it makes the whole "WWE wasn't interested" thing horseshit. They were interested, just on their terms. I can't imagine there are many Indy guys WWE would break the bank for.

Being unwilling to offer someone a salary that they can take care of their family on and not being interested are basically the same thing, and AJ was a WCW employee at the time whose contract WWF didn't take on, not an indy guy.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 11, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I swear this is not a joke.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/downunder/

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING LOCATES NEW PARTNERS ‘DOWN UNDER’
NASHVILLE — Global Force Wrestling has extended its borders again, this time reaching Australia and New Zealand.

PWA Australia out of Sydney (https://www.pwaaustralia.com), WrestleClash out of Melbourne (https://www.wrestleclash.com.au), Riot City Wrestling out of Adelaide (https://www.riotcitywrestling.com), Explosive Pro Wrestling out of Perth (https://www.epwperth.com) and Impact Pro out of Auckland (https://www.impactprowrestling.co.nz) are the latest promotions worldwide to agree to partner with GFW.

GFW now has partnerships in Mexico, Japan, England, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.

“It seemed like a natural progression to reach out Down Under,” GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jartett said. “Professional wrestling has a solid fan base throughout Australia and New Zealand, and we’re pleased to have an opportunity to bring that product to America.

“All of our agreements just go to show the popularity of wrestling around the world. Wherever you go you can find athletes putting on great shows for their dedicated fans.”

Australian native and international TV star Rove McManus is excited to see his mates #JointheForce.

““I have witnessed firsthand some of the fantastic talent we have Down Under, and I believe the time is right to start showing the world why they breed us Aussies tough” McManus said. “Some of the best entertainers in the world have learned their craft in Australia and I have no doubt we have some of the best professional wrestlers in the world right at our doorstep.”

#JointheForce

I love everything about Global Force.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I wasn't even posting it because I felt it was newsworthy (or for the spelling error).

I just found Jeff Jarrett in some form working with yet another non-wrestler he worked with in the pre/early-TNA days hilarious.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA's first show was main evented by Ken Shamrock vs. The Wall.

GFW's first show might be main evented by Okada vs. Tanahashi.

#JoinTheFarce

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

New Japan PPVs are much, much better than I could have hoped for (from a 'wow this will be unironically a good product to watch' perspective, that is. From a negative perspective there was no limit to how low I thought they could go).

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GFW's first show is going to be the show of the year, and I don't know how to handle that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

So what was Jeff Jarrett's big announcement? The NJPW thing? The Observer said there'd be an announcement at 10am but not the time zone or anything.

The 10AM is from Jarrett's twitter, and based on his other tweets he meant Central Time Zone, so the announcement should happen in about 10 minutes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Cool, thanks. I hope it's that he's signed CM Punk and GFW's first show is at the Superdome.

If it's anything other than making GFW Presents New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom on PPV official I'll be stunned.

But GFW has surprised me before!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

http://globalforcewrestling.com/gfwnjpwppv/

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING TO PRESENT NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING’S “WRESTLE KINGDOM 9” ON PPV IN NORTH AMERICA

NASHVILLE — Global Force Wrestling is proud to announce that the first event under its banner will be in conjunction with New Japan Pro Wrestling and its Jan. 4 show from the Tokyo Dome.

“GFW Presents New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Wrestle Kingdom 9” will air live in North America at 2 a.m. ET on Jan. 4, which is 4 p.m. in Tokyo. The four-hour telecast also will air in primetime in North America at 7 p.m. ET on your pay-per-view provider, including DirecTV, Dish, AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Verizon Fios and all cable systems in the United States, and in Canada on Bell ExpressVu TV, Rogers, Shaw, Sasktel and Telus. Check your local listings for availability. The show also will be available on the “Flipps” app on iTunes or Android.

“Wrestle Kingdom 9” will be the 24th consecutive year for the Jan. 4 dome event, which kicks off the year in Japan and annually is the largest wrestling show in the world outside of the United States, drawing in excess of 40,000 fans.

“This is one of the great events on the wrestling calendar every year, and for GFW to have the opportunity to bring it to the American audience is an honor and a privilege,” GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said. “This event has a history that involves not only the greatest names in Japanese wrestling history but some of the greatest names in U.S. wrestling history.”

NJPW founder and wrestling icon Antonio Inoki has appeared on the Jan. 4 dome show five times. Other legends to appear include Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, the Steiner Brothers, Big Van Vader, Randy Savage, Brock Lesnar, the Great Muta, the Great Kabuki, Masahiro Chono and Riki Choshu.

This year’s card is headlined by an IGWP heavyweight title match between Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada. The Bullet Club, of which Jarrett is a member along with A.J. Styles and IWGP tag team champions Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows, is expected to appear on the show as well.

The show will be available in English and in Japanese via the second audio program (SAP) button on your TV. GFW will reveal the North American announcers for the event in the near future.

#JoinTheForce
#GFWJan4
https://www.globalforcewrestling.com

No surprises there.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

THERE HERE

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spermgod posted:

I watched Tenay and Don West call the Angle/Nagata Third Belt match and it was loving atrocious. They literally don't stop yelling for 20 minutes.

That isn't different from any Tenay/West commentary over the last ever, except during the Heel Don West era where he'd also occasionally mock things for making no sense or being disappointing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mongo & Mark Madden

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spermgod posted:

its very easy to go on the GFW website and imagine its some 15 year old kid's e-fed

GFW technically isn't even a fed yet. It's just a promotion company right now.

...Oh god, Jeff Jarrett is the Dixie Carter of New Japan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

just going to say this is really loving stupid, and if I had had the choice between watching in japanese or not watching like I do now, I would in fact keep doing what I do now and not watch. Having commentary I can understand and ideally have some poo poo explained to me while I watch is literally the only reason I'm considering watching this.

Sorry if you'd rather stay niche and have Filthy loving Casuals like me not watch your product! :shobon:

Filthy loving Casuals ruining my glorious nippon wrestling! :argh:

Seriously though, I'm glad that if nothing else Global Force will lead to people watching New Japan who wouldn't have otherwise, because New Japan loving owns, and depending on how successful Wrestle Kingdom 9 is who knows what'll happen after that.

I mean, it's a Jeff Jarrett project and thus is destined for disaster eventually, but whatever, enjoy it while it lasts.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

is there any chance that GFW Presents: Wrestlekingdom 9 isn't a huge failure? I'd like be to optimistic but I really can't envision this doing any buys. Grabbing JR was honestly pretty smart but he's literally the biggest name they can advertise here that anybody will care about. I guess you could promote AJ Styles but he's halfway down the card.

The selling point isn't JR, it's "That Wrestling A Lot Of People Love, But In English". The expenses are probably very minimal, since almost everything being used to put the show together would have been used anyways.

I don't expect it to be a massive success, but it's not a TNA weekly situation where they'd need like 50,000 buys to break even. Even 10% of that might be a solid profit.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I love the implication that Global Force Wrestling is still an actual wrestling promotion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ExplodeYourself posted:

Although, I have no problem with watching a NJPW show in Japanese, it did always seem bush league to not offer any kind of English option, even with a delay. I am excited because I think this could be a gamechanger in the business. I know a lot of people who will talk about wrestling but won't watch it because "Wrestling sucks now." I'm pretty quick to correct them by saying, "No, WWE sucks now. Wrestling has been awesome this year." I think those are the people who this show has a good shot at impressing.

drat it, I just want people to watch good wrestling with other than a subforum in which I'm not over!

Bush league would be in New Japan cared about the American audience and still didn't offer an English option.

The US makes up less than 5% of their PPV revenue. It's to this point just been getting a little bit of money at no cost.

And really, even now New Japan doesn't care about the US audience, it seems to just be some doofus from Tennessee who showed up and is willing to risk footing the bill that does.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 12, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Last night WCW finally died for good, or so we thought.

But one man refuses to let it die.

Godspeed, Jeff Jarrett. You are great.

...Wait, he announced them as TELEVISION TAPINGS?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Global Force is a national treasure.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

gfw is not real

actually oatgan it is real

it is drat real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k