Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a lot to be gained from listening to the actual interview he was talking really fast and slick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Well if I had known I could start a wrestling promotion just by slapping my name on another company's product I would have done it years ago!

Howard Brody used to market New Japan tapes to TV stations in the 90s as "Ring Warriors" in Europe, Africa, the Middle East etc.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

I didn't watch it but Dave said Tenay did a very nice job on TNA's Korakuen show of putting over the Japanese talent and introducing them to the Western market.

He kind of regressed as the show went on/Taz dragged him down to his level but the first half of card had me thinking where had this Tenay been all these years. Mike was honestly having a blast calling the more athletic/sports like end of the card.

triplexpac posted:

According to Dave, Tenay watches all the wrestling he can get his hands on. I wouldn't doubt him being familiar with NJPW.

I will say his conception of Japan and Japanese Wrestling was if anything very 90s. He is like that in general he will say mark out for a hurracana but not for a more contemporary cool move.

triplexpac posted:

Not sure about JR's familiarity. If it wasn't for him being so miserable on his podcast I'd probably be more stoked for him being on NJPW.

I got the impression from his podcast that he dislikes the style immensely. Tenay is far from perfect but he is my clear choice if you want a veteran voice that people know.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Note to Jim please don't say:

"He Pearl Harboured him"

He's a no brainer household name wise and he also has a large platform for promotion with his Twitter and podcast. However he doesn't have the greatest rep for pronouncing Japanese names correctly. Also less of a nitpick and more of an actual problem is that he really needs to learn everyone's signature moves and finishers as his announcing style is very nearfalls drama based.

Hope it isn't a phoned in performance where he talks about drinking sake and Honda motors. But I do hope he joins the Bullet Club. :P

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

I hope Striker gets the flu and is refused entry to Japan. Can't even tone it down for a hype video, you dork.

We've broken his spirit:
https://twitter.com/Matt_Striker_/status/548589532921487361

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer on GFW

quote:

Jeff Jarrett has been contacting talent of late. We don’t know all the people contacted but if guys are good and not under contract with ROH or TNA, or guys whose contracts he knows are expiring, those are the guys he’s after. We’ve heard mixed bags on pay. Scott D’Amore and Sonjay Dutt are working with Jarrett from an office capacity as well. Dutt has been calling talent. Jarrett has offered at least some talent the possibility of 39 dates, although the company has noted they’ve got the 12 dates confirmed which were announced and the other 27 are dates not yet confirmed. They are now calling a ton of people, pretty much the guys in ROH without a contract are the key names we’ve heard, with Roderick Strong being the biggest name out of that group. Other names we’ve heard being talked with include Team 3-D, Shelton Benjamin and Chris Masters. A key to this is going to be whether Jarrett or ROH winds up with the New Japan connection, because a lot of the talent wants to go to New Japan and will align with whichever company can get them there the smoothest.

I wonder if Jeff will sign dudes to PPAs or Exclusive PPAs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

rovert was that leva to gfw scoop just a joke

Yes. She had real life job commitments that meant she couldn't do the current NXT tapings.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

**Global Force Wrestling is holding a press conference in Las Vegas this Wednesday and will be announcing their roster for the upcoming shows they have scheduled at various minor league baseball parks as well as their television tapings they have announced.

It is finally happening guys.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Told you all it was Moose and not Samoa Joe.

GFW has more exciting names (two tag teams) but for some reason didn't announce them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Muddy Burphy posted:

I know this was months and months ago, but whatever happened to the Thea Trinidad/NXT talk?

She has an Amazon Wishlist:
https://twitter.com/TheaTrinidadTMT/status/571783793633304576

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

what opportunity did moose turn down exactly

He was scheduled for a NXT tryout.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Want do you have got against Chuck Taylor, Brodus Clay, Sonjay Dutt, Jigsaw, Young Bucks, Cliff Compton and The New Heavenly Bodies?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

Not that the press conference got any attention to begin with but it seems odd to hold back the single name indie wrestling fans care about until now

Unless the ink wasn't dry.

Compton and The Bucks what I was hinting at last week. The other tag team is Chuckie T and the yet announced Rocky Romero.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer says Brodus Clay is still with TNA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If it is a GFW only thing my guess is them signing Bill Goldberg.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Great White Hope posted:

What would cause a Goldberg signing to be caught up in legal though?

As Goldberg is very hard to deal with. "Legal" can be contract negotiations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

at this point, I'm convinced GFW is TNA's touring brand.

TNA's house shows began as third party deals via Hermie Sadler's Universal Wrestling Federation. Eventually they took them in house.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Update your Total Extreme Wrestling mods now:

quote:

Global Force Wrestling issued the following:

Global Force Wrestling unveils name of TV show, divisions

NASHVILLE – Global Force Wrestling's TV tapings on July 24 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas will carry the name "Amped."

"Amped will be the show that unites promotions and showcases the very best men and women professional wrestlers on the planet," GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said.

GFW also is excited to announce four unique divisions: GFW Global Championship, GFW Tag Team Championship, GFW Women's Championship and GFW NEX*GEN Championship. These titles will be up for grabs in four separate tournaments that kick off on July 24 at the Orleans Arena.

"There is no doubt in my mind that I will be the first GFW Global Champion, and I will raise that title in Las Vegas," former TNA Heavyweight champion Bobby Roode said.

When asked about the NEX*GEN division, Jarrett stated, "It's about the up-and-comers, the fearless new faces in this industry from around the globe. You will be talking about these guys for years to come."

GFW co-founder Karen Jarrett is excited about the women's division.

"We want to unite women's divisions around the globe and give the fans never-before-seen matchups with the best female wrestlers in the industry," she said.

More Global Force Wrestling "Amped" tapings are set for the Orleans, on Aug. 21 and Oct. 23.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

good to know that the '90s angelfire e-fed' aesthetic now extends to the names of the tv show and title belts

Remember Jeff Hardy's band Peroxwhy?gen ?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

After months of speculation, Wrestling Inc has learned that Cyrus Fees will be the play-by-play voice of Global Force wrestling, starting with the company's television tapings next weekend.

Fees is a 32 year old who has worked for several mixed martial arts promotions as both a ring announcer and play-by-play announcer. He also is President of The Hip Show Arena Combat International.

Fees will join former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen in the booth for GFW's first set of tapings.

Who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C38EAo_dRg4

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't want to point fingers for genuine reasons but do take notice of GFW announcing people for shows even their TV tapings and talent blowing it off. It will be an emerging story.

I found it telling that Anderson and Gallows on their podcast said they they drank before their GFW matches.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
On Candice and GFW:
http://squaredcirclesirens.com/candice-lerae-and-global-force-wrestling-update/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"Just realized that Joey Ryan & Kenny King were supposed to be in the semis of the GFW tag tourney tonight & King is at GHBXIV."

https://twitter.com/ROHPittFan/status/657736960790794241

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
GFW has TV!

In New Zealand.

https://twitter.com/DUKETVNZ/status/700158779879391232

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
*BUMP*

http://www.globalforcegold.info/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU