Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jeff Jarrett has a new company! He has a binder full of wrestlers, five hundred wrestlers all scouted by him to create a new interactive wrestling experience!

They've gotten big time exposure in the Hollywood Reporter:

quote:

The Biggest Loser creator Dave Broome is getting into a new ring.
our editor recommends
'Biggest Loser' Producer Inks Overall Deal With Sony
Mark Burnett Bringing Lucha Libre Wrestling to El Rey Network
ION Enters Pro-Wrestling Ring with 'WWE Main Event'

Broome and his 25/7 Productions banner is teaming with Jeff Jarrett's new venture Global Force Wrestling to executive produce new matches as well as unscripted programming, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Jarrett founded TNA Wrestling, which has aired on Spike TV for years. He's a third-generation wrestling promoter and an executive producer who has produced shows for Fox Sports, Spike and Endemol. He and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January, when their efforts -- along with country singer Toby Keith -- to buy TNA fizzled. (It's unclear what involvement, if any, Keith will have with the new league.)

PHOTOS: Broadcast TV's Returning Shows 2014-15

The new Global Force Wrestling league, which already has more than 500 performers with additional announcements planned as more deals are finalized, will see Jarrett again bring wrestling to the small screen. Jarrett is considered to be wrestling's second-most-well-known promoter behind Vince McMahon.

GFW will compete with WWE and TNA, with Jarrett and Broome currently shopping TV rights to matches -- which will air both live and live-to-tape -- as well as unscripted fare. So far, Broome tells THR, interest has been high from both major broadcast and cable networks for the new league. The duo is currently meeting with network executives on both the East and West Coast as they shop the league and its likely lucrative TV rights.

"Wrestling pulls in massive numbers, has a huge fan base and networks are realizing that it's great entertainment," he tells THR.

Broome said the plan is to have new GFW content on the air 52 weeks per year as the upstart league looks to compete with more well-known TNA and WWE. The producer behind such live events including NBC's Tsunami AID: A Concert of Hope says GFW will cater to a worldwide audience and feature both well-known wrestlers as well as the best up-and-comers from all over the world.

Broome's deal -- which was set in motion before his overall pact with Sony Pictures Television -- will include live events, unscripted and reality fare.

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh," he says.

"We're excited to enter this journey with a group as talented as Dave Broome and 25/7," Jarrett says. "They've achieved some great things over the past decade and we feel like they can lend a unique perspective both in and out of the ring."

In addition to The Biggest Loser, which is now in its 15th season on NBC and is broadcast in more than 90 countries around the world, Broome's credits include digital series for AOL and a sports documentary for Netflix.

For more information on GFW, check out their website.

Email: Lesley.Goldberg@THR.com
Twitter: @Snoodit

That's right fans, you are sick of just one wrestling match after another, so #JoinTheForce!

But who does he have his eye on? You can get an idea from visiting GFW's twitter:

https://twitter.com/GFWWrestling

Oh wow!

Is Big Sexy joining the force?!?

Those are some exciting names, but I've found some more:

Remember how great the last Vader in wrestling was?

It's a Global Force so Jarrett has been reaching out across the globe.

Toby Keith may be rich but it looks like Jeff has another backer in mind:

[b]So wrestling fans, who do you think is next to #JoinTheForce? Who has Jeff Jarrett been talking to, show me some scoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I want to #JOINTHEFORCE

where do I sign up.

Well you can either meet Jeff at a con, post a photo here so we can get you in his portfolio, or use these useful photos!

Some of those are pretty sloppy since I'm just working on my laptop and not even using a mouse. I may try to go at some images with a tablet... but probably not because I don't really want to put that kind of effort in. But those should work as decent starter images for people who want to have some fun.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/ Their site has logos and other photos too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I just realized I never posted the official press release for the 25/7 Partnership.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I took this in a different direction.

When you see it you won't sleep for days.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

masato tatanka posted:

somethin BIG is coming this way

I didn't really notice it the first time but his face is killing me.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God please continue the letter :allears:

I sadly closed it when I created the final version.

I think it went:

His reply was "What about Dixie." That's when I turned the corner and snapped out of it. Sure I'm a loser, but I'm not the biggest loser. What about Dixie? What about AJ Styles? He never beat me for my belt straight up. He always had that punk Vince Russo helping him. What about Vince Russo? I want my belt back, I'll show them all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Commissar Ken posted:

The hole should have JUST been his face.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/1AxWIK9.jpg?1 :nws:

Here you go... not sure why I did that...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He chose Jarrett for the role because of his experience with his head up his own rear end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I wonder many people have tweeted that to them.

I hope at least one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stallion Cabana posted:

Coconono has to have so there's the one.

It's possible they've blocked him years ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That's too perfect for words. It makes me ashamed that I spent time with Willow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea that someone may have tweeted Jeff Jarrett an image of his face coming out of a man's rear end left me with hope. So I decided I had to make this, I hope somehow Jeff Jarrett sees it. This is for 12 years of TNA.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/M9Ozi9B.jpg :nws:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

This is disgusting and revolting MRT :mad:

You need to make it so the bottomless dude with the huge dick and Fabulous balls is wearing a tux on his upper body :colbert:

I didn't give him a tux, but I think this will Fab it up a bit:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/Zi3EflI.jpg :nws: What am I doing with my life? Hopefully Jeff Jarrett has noticed an @ from coconono and clicked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone just tweeted a photo from the first GFW house show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 19, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The following post contains no original work from myself. I am not making up anything in here.

Happy Easter from the GFW!

They've started posting fan photoshops on their twitter and instagram. I can't wait to see where this goes:

http://instagram.com/p/nBeZ4VFdtV/

You can tell these are only fan efforts and not authentic due to the lack of #JoinTheForce

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SylvainMustach posted:

the Hindenburg disaster immediately came to mind.

People paid attention to the Hindenburg.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Before TNA held their first show they were saying how because they were on PPV and didn't have sponsors to think of they could be incredibly raunchy and show "TNA" so it's just par for the course.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So far every name involved with GFW was involved with TNA. Jeff, Karen, Kevin Sullivan (not the WCW one) and probably Lance Hoyt.

Now not only is his car sporting the logo, but Hermie is on the board.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/nascar-personality-joins-board-gfw/

What was it... oh yeah.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Good lord.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There's a photoshop of clouds out there where the clouds look like goatse. Can someone do a Global force version of that and then get Jarrett to tweet it?

Go nuts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From today's Observer update:

--Chris Thomas, who worked in P.R. for TNA for years, is the latest name linked with Jeff Jarrett's new Global Force Wrestling promotion.

Also the GFW sure loved this headline:

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/y...9#axzz2zvTCVG3H

LEGENDARY WRESTLER.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Who knew the company that does zero promotion outside of the occasional spike tv commercial that almost feels like a time filler accident and is known for making terrible twitter decisions even had a P.R. person

They do promotion outside Spike, it's just all really god awful. Let's not forget their decision to buy 3 billboards for Impact in Stamford CT during the new Monday Night Wars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You can tell nothing is going on in GFW right now, they are just tweeting pictures of Sadler's GFW car and people in GFW t-shirts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is a real tweet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Look if you don't tweet Big Daddy Yum Yum with that hash tag I'm going to photoshop you into photos with Jeff Jarrett so get to it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great White Hope posted:

Well if that's the prize for not tweeting, what's the super prize for actually tweeting?

If you want this to happen to you, keep it up punk.

Except it'll be for real.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

Guess who just bought a ticket to an exclusive meet and greet with GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING SUPERSTARS Jeff and Karen Jarrett?

It also entitles me to one free personalized 8x10 which I will have them sign with #JoinTheForce, naturally.

I don't know if the wrestling tryouts are for GFW but it's funnier that way.

If only Jeff Jarrett would sign the undoctored photo of his head coming out of a man's rear end in a top hat.

GFW's Fantasy GM is over. They decided to retweet dozens of the tweets sent to them. Thrilling. Looks like we know how Jeff is filling his database.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

My contribution to Jeff Jarrett's height.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ZenVulgarity posted:

This is a ponzi scheme or something right

I don't think it is a ponzi scheme if Jeff Jarrett says he has a new promotion so he can sell some ugly t-shirts. I mean, maybe that's what Madoff went down for, I didn't know all the details.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I just realized that Jeff Jarrett went through all the TNA bullshit, has seen how it goes, and thought "Hell yes, lets do all that again!!"

If you could get paid six figures to lose someone else's money you'd re-up in a heartbeat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

There's a lot to be gained from listening to the actual interview he was talking really fast and slick.

From the text they come off as further from a TV deal than I would have guessed and Jeff just comes off as a liar with the media stuff. I guess now I'm interested to hear how he tried to make that mess sound good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was going through my ROH War of the Worlds photos and realized I forgot to post this selfie. Jeff was scouting talent but took some time with fans for selfies. Great guy, really chill.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

There's a lot to be gained from listening to the actual interview he was talking really fast and slick.

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding, listening to it he comes off so much more clueless than he does in text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's not a pyramid scheme, it's a cafe press shop.

• Locked thread