Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

What big indie names can they realistically get?

I'd say it depends on what kind of contracts they're looking at. I doubt they are going to be able to lock anybody down from performing in other promotions so I could see a whole host of fairly big names (Roddy, Joe, Hero, Addiction, Sydal, etc.) make appearances. If they want to sign people up to exclusive deals I don't see them getting any big names.

But this is Global Force Wrestling so anything can happen baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I wonder how Joe's chances of going to NXT will be affected after he signs for Global Force Wrestling?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Once you #JoinTheForce you'll realize that NXT is slim pickings compared to the wonderful world of Double J.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I wish GFW would come to Toronto so I could buy a Slap Nuts shirt directly from a drunk Jeff Jarrett

I've decided to bite the bullet and #JoinTheForce. I'm going to drive from Toronto to Erie in July to see the hottest pro wrestling live and possibly spend $250 on a Jeff Jarrett guitar.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

RZApublican posted:

So has Jarrett ever said why GFW is booking mostly-empty baseball parks instead of something easier to fill like bingo halls?

Unless GFW is part of some elaborate tax dodge I don't think this gonna end well for him.

The ballparks are most likely paying him to run these shows there. Whenever there is no baseball there the park is just empty and earning no money. However, even with a crowd of only like 300 people the concession sales could be enough to make it profitable for the stadium owners. I believe Jarrett also wanted to use the baseball teams to help build media/advertising connections in those markets.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Welp, I just joined the Force in person and I feel like I've been branded with the Scarlet Letter. It was not a good night of wrestling. Pretty much every match stunk, but the Bullet Club/PJ Black and Sanada was the best of a bad bunch. Scott Steiner managed the Bullet Club and hit PJ Black with a bat. There must have only been like 200 people there and it was a really sad crowd. However, I had a nice long talk with Karl Anderson and Chuck Taylor which was really nice.

Also, I overheard an account of Double J's ineptitude. I guess he didn't know you needed a license to run a show in PA so he had to rent a local promoter's license like 2 hours before the show. The show was almost going to be cancelled by the commission.

Long story short: drove 4 hours to join the Force, regretted it almost immediately once the show started and basically watched an hour and a half TNA house show.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

DM Punk posted:

I would have expected the Cherry Bomb vs Taeler Hendrix match to be at least half way decent.

It was the same poo poo as most Divas matches and not a serious match at all. I know Cherry Bomb can go because I've seen her a bit in SMASH, but they weren't even given an opportunity to do anything good. Pretty much every match had a bunch of stupid poo poo happen in it and a poo poo finish. Double J is as bad of a booker as he is a promoter.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

So is Chuck really retiring or what?

I asked him how much merch I needed to buy to keep him from retiring and he said $200000 worth, but in a really sad way. Although later on he said he's coming up to Canada some time in August so I'm really not sure! If he was joking at the money line he is a really good actor because he sounded super bummed out.

At the very least I contributed $20 to the Keep Chuck Taylor Wrestling Fund.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Honestly, Jarrett's been gradually pushing the roster towards respectability as well. Gargano and Ciampa were on some of the second round of ballpark shows, it's getting to the point where when he starts taping 'TV' he might actually be able to put some decent cards together.

The roster isn't the problem in my eyes, it's the piss poor booking. At the Erie show the matches were bad not because of the talent, but because of the stupid booking/match calling decisions. I don't think there was a single match over 10 minutes and there was an hour and a half of wrestling between 6 matches (including entrances, downtime, and angles). Within each of those matches at least a quarter was rest holds and other dull stuff that shouldn't be happening in such short matches.

Also here's the lineup for the TV taping, where again the talent is good, but I still don't really trust the booking:

Global Championship Tournament
Brian Myers (formerly Curt Hawkins) vs. Chris Mortedzky (formerly Chris Masters)

Bobby Roode vs. TBA

Kongo Kong vs. Nick Aldis (formerly Magnus)

Tag Team Championship Tournament
Chris Sabin and KUSHIDA vs. Reno SCUM

NEX GEN Championship Tournament
PJ Black (formerly Justin Gabriel) vs. Seiya Sanada

NEX GEN Championship Tournament
Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt

Women's Championship Tournament
Christina Von Eerie vs. Mickie James vs. Lei'D Tapa

Bestia 666, Blood Eagle & Steve Pain vs. Phoenix Star, Zokre & Misterioso Jr.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

coconono posted:

I've seen guys work that style when they're saving their bodies for the next date/better pay day. I'm not convinced Jeff's money is as good as he tries to make it seem.

I'd probably agree with that because someone like AR Fox would normally be doing a bunch of crazy poo poo, but in his match he did like 1 flip and I don't think PJ Black even did one top rope move. It really did seem like a bunch of them were phoning it in now that I look back on it.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

Kongo Kong vs Magnus

They've run that match at each of the 3 recent shows. It stunk when I saw it, but Kong did a moonsault and fat dude moonsaults are always good. Hopefully by time the TV taping rolls around they'll have worked out a decent match.

Spermgod posted:

imagine someone buying that guitar

They sold at least 5 of them in Erie and you got a backstage meeting with Jeff and Karen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

rj city plays a character on a canadian-based nickelodeon game show. they need to push this kid to the moon and take advantage of that crossover appeal

Gildar is obsessed with her beauty smug, he is a strong Viking who thinks he does is always very good. In a chapter would have said Gildar marry Crocness moth on something that does not taste anything because nombrarselo was injured in the neck. In another chapter Gildar Splatalot presenter wanted to be, but Jason removes it, so he wrote a book called "The Rainbow Warrior adventures of a very handsome man." It is played by Rj City. It lies in its red with Ballista and Tinkor.

• Locked thread