Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

do not tease me with a Matt Hardy/Zack Ryder main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

needs more JJ

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

huh.

OHHHHHHHHHHH gently caress.

drat that's good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/1AxWIK9.jpg?1 :nws:

Here you go... not sure why I did that...

I wonder many people have tweeted that to them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Everyone calm down, the latest Global Force update is here!

http://youtu.be/pmFxq6gtS1E

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BigRed0427 posted:

You joke, but I am waiting for the day when some indy promoter does this.

Better than a personal check from Ian Rotten.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drunken Karen Jarrett must have done a number on their talent relations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that lady needs a serious manicure. Your fingers should not look like the claws of some prehistoric predator.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

If you could get paid six figures to lose someone else's money you'd re-up in a heartbeat.

Reminder that both Bischoff and Jarrett live in mansions while Ian Rotten works at a taco bell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Has Jeff done a Kickstarter for this GFW thing yet? Because this feels exactly like one of those Kickstarter scams. like the OUYA or something.

the OUYA actually produced a thing that you could own(granted it might catch fire but whatever). GFW has 8x10s.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wasn't that one of the pics we sent to him over twitter?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

<3

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As long as Russo doesn't get involved, GFW could do a good bit as a regional indie with national television. Be like a showcase or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BillyMays posted:

I take it AJ is cool with Jarrett.

JJ gave AJ a job when WWE didn't pick him up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really want GFW and NWA to battle for NJPW's bumbling gaijin heel spot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

I will beat up cm punk and make him start wrestling again

That worked so well for the last guy that tried that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jeff Jarrett's twitter has been hawking kitchen gadgets so that's how good his wrestling promotion is going.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

Connections with American PPV companies, apparently.

...not that they REALLY needed them, though.

Wait, what?

When WWF launched its light heavyweight title, they signed a few NJPW flippy dudes(including Great Sasuke) to round out the division.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Slap Chop guy is still in jail, IIRC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As dumb as it sounds, getting middleman money would be a decent start to finance your own vanity wrestling promotion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JJ is the next Kriss Kloss.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

How is it carny as hell?

Let's look at it from the other perspective.

New Japan Pro Wrestling, a company that is extremely risk averse in foreign markets has found a guy to assume all the risks in broadcasting their first live PPV in the US. This is a miniscule part of their overall business for the show and probably the only thing this guy is remotely good at. New Japan has nothing to lose in this situation, but somehow Jeff Jarrett is the guy who pulled some amazing move?

its basically free money for JJ. PPV providers take their cut, JJ takes his and the rest go back to NJPW. JJ does exactly gently caress all other than sign a few papers and promote the thing. Which based on TNA's promotion will be him walking up to random people in airports and telling them about the PPV.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Promoting the thing is the expensive part of the American side of the PPV. NJPW already has the show, them providing it to a third party to put on PPV is risk free for them compared to Jeff.

yeah, I'm not exactly expecting him to break into his Toby Keith wooing fund for this. Its probably going to be tweets and youtubes at the max.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vegas isn't a pro-wrestling town. Run loving Chicago. Way more venue choices and tons of loose talent rolling around if you have to shore up your cards.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Get The Voice and Bas Ruten to call. I'm pretty sure those dudes would do it for free booze.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PPV live at 2am and then tape delay at 7pm the next day on your PPV provider.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hog and Prazak

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RZApublican posted:

"The Professor" Mike Tenay

Fuuuuuuuck that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What does this mean about theme music? That's what I really loving care about.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

if they're gonna get combat sports announcer that sometimes say stupid poo poo than i want the best and i want michael schiavello because at least he'll do his research and have some idea of what he's talking about

Schiavello has called prowrestling bouts before and is actually pretty good at it.

I'll be curious if JR can match Nogami's level of poo poo losing during hype matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing that the rumours that CM Punk would be announcing with JR were nothing but internet BS?

CM Punk won't touch anything wrestling related for quite some time. Thanks, WWE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JR and Scott Steiner on commentary would make me flip over to hear them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Striker gets the flu and is refused entry to Japan. Can't even tone it down for a hype video, you dork.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ExplodeYourself posted:

Is there some kind of "Worst of Matt Striker" compilation out there? I was out of wrestling while he was working for WWE, so I don't have much of an opinion.

Mike Adamle called shows with a legit broken brain and he was way less obnoxious than Matt Striker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

other than JJ, I recognize no one on that poster.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Is this the scheme? Get booked on other shows and promote them as GFW

Oh

jesus christ, this literally is, isn't it?

Considering every other approach of indie wrestling promoting is fraught with failure, I can't hate this idea.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'd like to think that Jeff Jarrett has figured out not to hire Russo to do anything ever again but he also hired Eric Bischoff so uh

Is he actually involved or is he just doing appearances?

Dude, its Cornette, he'll be involved no matter what. Cornette's already back to working OVW dates.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At this moment I cannot confirm or deny that there are talks going on between GFW and PSP-TV

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

when your top guy is Chris Masters, you're either taking a huge rear end risk or might be the smartest guy in the room.

KES and BC are a decent get.

Sanada tho. lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Which will come first: GFW loses a roster member due to contractual issues or they tape their first show?

• Locked thread