Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Flameingblack posted:

GFW is going to be the modern day equivalent of the Tokyopop FMW videos where two white guys make up names for Japanese wrestlers and pretend they can feel the explosions happening in the ring from 7 years prior to their commentary.

I'll settle for GFW literally being MXC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

If all GFW is is NJPW PPVs with English commentary it will be my new favorite promotion.

Big Dave will rate GFW and NJPW separately and subtract .25 stars for English announcers

Also :lol: if Jeff Jarrett just ends up inventing NWA II: This Time, It's Global

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Under the vegetable posted:

What a goddamned genius Jeff Jarrett is.

I mean seriously, if GFW is just NJPW English and it catches on he's a genius.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

This is a miniscule part of their overall business for the show and probably the only thing this guy is remotely good at.

Breaking guitars over people's heads
Being great
Being the ch-ch-chosen one

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The internet rumor mill says Jim Ross will be the English NJPW/GFW commentator. That'd be a thing if it happens. I want to believe :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I mean Mike Tenay is bad on TNA but at least he's a puro guy, a well-known wrestling announcer, and was good when he gave a gently caress 15 years ago. What are their other options, Kevin Kelly? Tony Schiavone? :shrug:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Everblight posted:

Or GLOW, which was also taped in Las Vegas.

Wouldn't that be the third or fourth coming of GLOW?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Looks like Jeff Jarrett's got a BIG* GFW* ANNOUNCEMENT* Tuesday morning at 10AM!

*small
*NJPW
*teaser

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Reports say the price point of Wrestle Kingdom 9 will be $34.95. For comparison, WWE PPVs are $44.95/$59.95 for Mania available at an undisclosed monthly price and TNA PPVs are $49.95.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PPVs are usually available for a while after their first broadcast. TNA PPVs are on my PPV channel forever.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Isn't that the moment of silence on Remembrance Day in Commonwealth nations?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Remember the Smackdown pilot with Michael Cole and Jim Cornette on commentary

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

:lol: rip Jeff Jarrett, smarks are going to be the only ones buying the Jeff Jarrett Tokyo Dome PPV and now you can sign up for the NJPW World for ¥999

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Big Dave said that Jeff Jarrett wants 10-12,000 buys for Tokyo Dome. He talked about it and the NJPW TV show on AXS on Saturday's Sin Limite. He thinks that NJPW World will hurt the buyrate but not critically because the market for the English PPV is people who don't watch NJPW, not NJPW diehards.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's happening!!!

quote:

Global Force Wrestling

Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling announced three shows -- 7/24, 8/21 and 10/23 -- as television tapings at The Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. No other details were announced regarding names or a broadcast partner.

The official press release:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The glitz and glamour of Sin City will meet the hard-charging, high energy of professional wrestling when Global Force Wrestling brings its brand to Las Vegas for the first taping of its broadcast event shows on Friday, July 24 at the Orleans Arena.

The gaming and “Entertainment Capital of the World” has been the site for some of the biggest boxing and MMA fights in history. Now, Las Vegas has another major sporting event to add to that list.

“This time, what happens in Vegas will not stay in Vegas,” said Jeff Jarrett, GFW founder and CEO. “Global Force Wrestling is looking forward to bringing the freshest brand of professional wrestling to fans from all over the world; and, it all starts right here in the fight capital of the world."

GFW’s first three shows at the Orleans Arena will take place on Friday, July 24;Friday, Aug. 21 and Friday, Oct. 23. GFW has alliances with 13 affiliates on five continents, including New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Mexico’s AAA and federations in Europe, Australia and Africa.

“Las Vegas hosts some of the world’s best entertainment and sporting events -- we are thrilled to be the home of the GFW brand and introduce fans to the next great wrestling franchise,” said Darren Davis, Executive Director of the Orleans Arena. “Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Wrestling promise to bring something new and exciting to the sport.”

Jarrett, a third-generation wrestling promoter, has been laying the groundwork for GFW for the past year. In addition to international partnerships, the former wrestling champion has been scouring North America for the newest and freshest talent professional wrestling has to offer.

Details about tickets, special VIP opportunities and other important information about the inaugural GFW tapings will be announced in the coming weeks. For more information, visit https://www.globalforcewrestling.com or https://www.orleansarena.com. Join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #GFWVegas.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Great White Hope posted:

Last night WCW finally died for good, or so we thought.

But one man refuses to let it die.

Godspeed, Jeff Jarrett. You are great.

...Wait, he announced them as TELEVISION TAPINGS?

I think I read the plan was super-indie TV specials at this point, but Jeff apparently has had PPV by the balls since 2001 so...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

IT'S (still) HAPPENING

quote:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – You might be able to buy peanuts and Cracker Jacks, and there’s sure to be a crowd. But this will be a whole new ball game.

The historic first Global Force Wrestling show will be held on Friday night, June 12 at The Ballpark at Jackson in Jackson, Tennessee. as part of GFW’s “MiLB Grand Slam Tour.” The tour will feature stops from Florida to California and several points in between.

It’s a grassroots approach building toward the first GFW broadcast event on Friday, July 24 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. Minor-league parks operated by both private ownership and municipalities have agreed to play host to Global Force Wrestling shows when their baseball-playing tenants are out of town. It’s an easy win for the parks, which gain another great source for revenue. For GFW it’s a chance to build momentum, show off its roster and deliver on its mission statement to be the most fan interactive brand in sports entertainment.

“These ballparks are the center of attention in the summer in most of these cities, and we’re eager to get out there and mix with our fans and show them what the GFW brand is all about,” said Jeff Jarrett, Global Force Wrestling founder and CEO.

The stars of GFW will be appearing in such cities as Knoxville, Tennessee, Richmond, Virginia, and Clinton, Iowa. Dates for the summer ballpark tour are available on globalforcewrestling.com, and more will be added in the coming weeks.

“Global Force Wrestling presented us with a great plan, one that will be beneficial to us and all ballparks, teams and cities as well as to their burgeoning brand,” said Todd “Parney” Parnell, vice president and chief operating officer of the Richmond (Va.) Flying Squirrels. “We know GFW will generate a lot of interest and excitement, not only the night of the show but for weeks in advance.”

Atlanta Braves catcher A.J. Pierzynski is excited about the alliance of his profession and his pastime.

“Wrestling and baseball make a great tag team,” said Pierzynski, a wrestling aficionado. “And I’m thrilled to see so many minor-league parks, some of which I’ve played in, jump on board.”

Global Force Wrestling will roll out its talent roster in the next couple of weeks. It’s a lineup filled with speed and power, righties and lefties, starters and closers, sure to provide thrills at every ballpark.

#GFWGrandSlam

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I can't find the tour dates that are advertised as being on the website. But rest assured, if they show up in Tampa I will try my best to be at a Global Force Wrestling show in 2015.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

GFW is realer than Star Citizen

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I mean at least it's not Vinny Roo but :lol:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

So does Cornette being involved mean that we're safe from Russo

I'd like to think that Jeff Jarrett has figured out not to hire Russo to do anything ever again but he also hired Eric Bischoff so uh

Is he actually involved or is he just doing appearances?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Didn't this trend start with ECWWrestling.com years ago

WCW's site was also wcwwrestling.com

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Special Guest? Who'd he ever beat?!

2015-05-06 Special Guest b. Vacant for GFW World Heavyweight Championship (***3/4)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Will he be the Dan Severn or the Rampage Jackson of GFW?

The Mongo McMichael apparently.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

join the force bitch

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Their "expert announcer" is Chael Sonnen and their roster consists of Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and PJ "The Darebunny" Black. I wish I knew more but there are apparently 4 people at this press conference.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I hope there is a match between Eric Bischoff and Chael Sonnen for control of Nitro.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jim Cornette confirmed that he's not doing anything beyond local appearances for GFW. He doesn't like traveling.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jake the Staiunm would be proud

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

You all doubted me. You all doubted Jeff Jarrett. Do not doubt Jeff Jarrett. Do not go gentle into that good night.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Well, gently caress.

Not producers as in road agents. They're the head of production.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Doesn't matter. Those two are loving scum.

I meant that in a "why would you hire neo-Nazi wrestlers to run your production?" manner

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Great White Hope posted:

Oh my god Cornette's picture is him wearing a Cornetteface shirt.

He does sell them...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

There's nothing finer.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

quote:

Apparently it was a roadie for one of the local bands playing at the festival that was feeding Hall drinks all night that led to the situation with him being ejected from the premesis.

:mad:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Double J Jeff Jarrett (ain't he great) will be at the Lucha World Cup scouting for GFW and doing guest commentary for the English language iPPV.

Matt Striker, Vampiro, and Jeff Jarrett, in one booth.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

At last we have an answer to the question "who will Jeff Jarrett sign for Global Force Wrestling?"

AJ Styles posted:

I think that there's definitely an opening, it's just finding an opening in the schedule. That's the biggest problem we've come across is my schedule is so full that it's hard to fit me in. That's the problem we're having right now. I always stay busy but I'd say it's only a matter of time before I show up in Global Force.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

quote:

The inaugural Global Force Wrestling shows take place this weekend in Jackson, TN and Knoxville, TV. Here are the cards for this weekend.
All info is up at http://www.globalforcewrestling.com

Friday, June 12 – Jackson, TN – The Ballpark At Jackson

Jackson, TN Meet and Greet
Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, Jim Cornette, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, “Bullet Babe” Amber Gallows, Chris “The Adonis” Mordetzky, Thea Trinidad, Dustin Starr

Sonjay Dutt vs. Jamin Olivencia
Lei'D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Tate Twins vs. Best Friends
Kevin Matthews vs. Moose
The Bullet Club (Gallows/Anderson) vs. New Heavenly Bodies
Chris Mordetzky vs. Dustin Starr
Special guest: Jim Cornette

Saturday, June 13 – Knoxville, TN – Smokies Stadium

Knoxville, TN Meet and Greet
Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, Jim Cornette, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, “Bullet Babe” Amber Gallows, Chris “The Adonis” Mordetzky, Thea Trinidad, Devin Driscoll

Chris Mordetzky vs. Devin Driscoll
Sonjay Dutt and Chase Owens vs. Jamin Olivenica and Jason Kincaid
Tate Twins vs. Best Friends
Lei'D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Kongo Kong vs. Moose
The Bullet Club (Gallows/Anderson) vs. New Heavenly Bodies

Special guest: Jim Cornette

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

minoru suzuki posted:

please do not give jeff jarrett money