Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Vahakyla posted:

There is a higher percentage of arsonists in Firefighters than the average population. Hth.

Backdraft was a good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

LeoMarr posted:

yeah but I don't actually do that.

Do you like daydream about it or something? Please don't become a firefighter.

Oh beaten on that analogy I guess.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
FYI most firemen are thieves so there is some overlapping expertise there.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LeoMarr posted:

You mean you're not really a criminal kingpin sitting atop a lucrative shoplifting empire? I thought everything on the internet was true???

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

LeoMarr posted:

so you were puppetmastering that thread? is that what youre saying?

excuse me, i just had a shiver shoot down my spine, im getting douche chills

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Maybe it's one of those "To stop a thief, you have to know how to be a thief" things...

Or maybe I've giving him too much credit.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Scruff McGruff posted:

Maybe it's one of those "To stop a thief, you have to know how to be a thief" things...

Or maybe I've giving him too much credit.

honestly no, I just posted that poo poo because it was entertaining to hear people say "NO ONE WOULD EVER WALK OUT OF A STORE WITH A CART FULL OF GROCERIES!"

but yes when I'm walking around looking for thieves I just think of how I could steal poo poo and not get caught.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the perfect crime

who watches the watchmen?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Someone is covering his tracks for future background check it seems.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

There's something fucky here.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I think the real answer is most cops are communist sympathizers and don't consider big corporate companies as being able to be victims of theft, especially by the lower class people that go to those stores. In conclusion, burn every walmart down, full communism 2015.

RON PAUL 2012
BEANIESON FOR SHERIFF

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Or maybe a woman who was arrested outside a grocery store for stuffing a stolen chicken and a bag of diapers into the trunk of a rusted-out hyunadai pony with taillight covers made out of tuck tape might not be the best person to hit with a $2000 fine for theft, because really who the gently caress does that help? "In the interests of justice" is now second to "gotta nail those scrotes and get my numbers up brah"

So just drive around in a lovely car with a back seat full of mcd's wrappers and busted up kids' toys and you'll never pay a traffic fine

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Dropping gang members in rival gang's territories. It happens in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas where the protagonist, part of one gang, is picked up by the police and they throw him out of the car in the territory of a rival gang.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Around here rival crew territory is frequently such exotic locations as "across the street" or "the next building over" so not sure that would work here.

I've had kids explain to me that they can only use the north entrance to their building because the south entrance is disputed territory :wtc:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

flakeloaf posted:

Or maybe a woman who was arrested outside a grocery store for stuffing a stolen chicken and a bag of diapers into the trunk of a rusted-out hyunadai pony with taillight covers made out of tuck tape might not be the best person to hit with a $2000 fine for theft, because really who the gently caress does that help? "In the interests of justice" is now second to "gotta nail those scrotes and get my numbers up brah"

So just drive around in a lovely car with a back seat full of mcd's wrappers and busted up kids' toys and you'll never pay a traffic fine

gently caress it who cares dude, an hour to write a narrative while waiting for PD to arrive is an hour I don't have to walk around. With California's new Prop 41 commercial burglary doesn't really exist anymore so you can't get premeditated theft so its cite and release unless they're on probation or they use force thus getting a robbery charge for stealing a slice of pizza.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Hey Copgoons, is it considered Vandalism, or attempted burglary/B&E or what, if a disgruntled person runs up and pitches a big rock through a store window at night, then runs away?
Is it something you guys even bother pursuing unless they know exactly who it was, like Jimby the angry bag boy who was fired yesterday?

It just seems like lifting prints off a chunk of coarse concrete and CSI magic computer ZOOM ENHANCE-ing some lovely store security footage to get a look at the guy wearing a big sock on his head for a hundo or two in property damage would probably be a bit much. I just figure unless someone recognizes the person on camera its one of those things that goes nowhere, hm?

Edit: Additionally, how do you guys feel about those cop shows like CSI and stuff, do you think they give people unrealistic expectations with regards to solving crimes and catchin' the bad mans?

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 28, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
replacing a store window is gonna cost more than 1-200 bucks

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Zombie Defiler posted:

Hey Copgoons, is it considered Vandalism, or attempted burglary/B&E or what, if a disgruntled person runs up and pitches a big rock through a store window at night, then runs away?
Is it something you guys even bother pursuing unless they know exactly who it was, like Jimby the angry bag boy who was fired yesterday?

It just seems like lifting prints off a chunk of coarse concrete and CSI magic computer ZOOM ENHANCE-ing some lovely store security footage to get a look at the guy wearing a big sock on his head for a hundo or two in property damage would probably be a bit much. I just figure unless someone recognizes the person on camera its one of those things that goes nowhere, hm?

Edit: Additionally, how do you guys feel about those cop shows like CSI and stuff, do you think they give people unrealistic expectations with regards to solving crimes and catchin' the bad mans?

vandalismk,, can you really articulate that they were going to B&E your store if nothing was stolen + no evidence of entry except for a broken window. However if you have an alarm system of some kind that would go off when a window was broken you may get them for B&E

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Criminal damage, not a burglary unless entry is made but depending on the video you could maybe go with attempted burglary if the guy flees after an audible alarm goes off. Fingerprinting a rock is pretty much impossible but there will be touch DNA on that rock and if the store manager recognizes jimmy on the video we'll absolutely get a warrant for jimmy's DNA. Those store windows are much more expensive than you're estimating.

Also CSI is the worst show ever and has basically turned my job into Public Relations Investigations. Somebody drove through your yard? There's tire tracks? Better call CSI out just for show :cop:

beanieson fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 28, 2015

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Yea, plus if you repair the window yourself (say you work for a large company with a maintenance division), make sure you don't just consider the materials, but the cost to employ the people that fix it, and health insurance for them, benefits, etc. for the month they're working. That way if the guy does get caught he gets a loving felony for breaking your stupid window.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
CSI convinced someone that I had to collect a bottle thrown at their house for fingerprints to find out who threw it.

"Sure thing, ma'am."

I then collected the bottle and tossed it in the garbage.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Grem posted:

Yea, plus if you repair the window yourself (say you work for a large company with a maintenance division), make sure you don't just consider the materials, but the cost to employ the people that fix it, and health insurance for them, benefits, etc. for the month they're working. That way if the guy does get caught he gets a loving felony for breaking your stupid window.

yea a bigass window is probably a few grand to replace id imagine

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

CSI convinced someone that I had to collect a bottle thrown at their house for fingerprints to find out who threw it.

"Sure thing, ma'am."

I then collected the bottle and tossed it in the garbage.

Problem is the oval office who's gonna ask about fingerprinting a bottle is exactly th oval office who'll call your supervisor a few weeks later to find out if any prints were found. SOG in those situations is to print the bottle in front of them and make the biggest black powder mess possible, hopefully in their living room.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I can't get 7 kilos of cocaine printed for fucks sake, who the hell prints on a misdemeanor.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Smiling Jack posted:

I can't get 7 kilos of cocaine printed for fucks sake, who the hell prints on a misdemeanor.

Any cop in Las Vegas, because prosecuting people for coke there would be a massive hit to the city.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I like that in California its now a misdemeanor for smoking meth in broad daylight.

this bum just rolled through smoking a meth pipe and all I can do is badge his rear end and kick him out what the gently caress dude

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

LeoMarr posted:

I like that in California its now a misdemeanor for smoking meth in broad daylight.

this bum just rolled through smoking a meth pipe and all I can do is badge his rear end and kick him out what the gently caress dude

wait you have a badge?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

DrakeriderCa posted:

wait you have a badge?

Yes, it says "costco"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

DrakeriderCa posted:

wait you have a badge?

Yes. any private patrol has to have a badge.

beanieson posted:

Yes, it says "costco"

No it says my badge number and my company name :colbert: not everyone who does security is a cop wannabee in 5XL tshirts and jeans

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

LeoMarr posted:

No it says my badge number and my company name :colbert: not everyone who does security is a cop wannabee in 5XL tshirts and jeans

so just 3xl for you? grats on slimming down bud

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

krispykremessuck posted:

so just 3xl for you? grats on slimming down bud

Its the soft armor under my shirt that makes me need to wear a 3XL i swear

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

LeoMarr posted:

Why don't you just say you're a cop on the internet like the rest of us instead of making up some dumb story about being a loss prevention wannabe.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Yeah what kind of rear end in a top hat would post in this thread while working for a private company?

*Rides golf cart into the sunset.*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ok actual question, how many people actually want to do a friday saturday sunday 12/12/12 beat. Most of the officers I deal with enjoy having this type of schedule.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

LeoMarr posted:

Ok actual question, how many people actually want to do a friday saturday sunday 12/12/12 beat. Most of the officers I deal with enjoy having this type of schedule.

Paul Blart, is that you?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

LeoMarr posted:

Having 4 days off loving owns and I'd kill to have that schedule again.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Having 4 days off loving owns and I'd kill to have that schedule again.

so its obly 36 hours a week right? in my city the officers are given a makeup day that they work an extra 8 every 2 week and use that for training. is it the same everywhere?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

3 12s would be cool. I like my 4 10s too.

I love working weekends, especially on hoot shift. Day shift just sucks no matter what the days are.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

LeoMarr posted:

so its obly 36 hours a week right? in my city the officers are given a makeup day that they work an extra 8 every 2 week and use that for training. is it the same everywhere?

I work at a hospital and they'd just give you the 4 hours but I was on call and someone always called in so I usually ended up with 40 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Our patrol does 12 hr shifts. You work 6-6 Monday/Tuesday - Friday/Saturday/Sunday - Wednesday/Thursday

So on 2 off 2 with a 3 day weekend every other week. Works out to 84 hrs a pay period so 4 hrs built in OT :snoop:

• Locked thread