Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

gently caress mahjong.

I have no idea how much work will have to go into it to actually play a game of mahjong.

And gently caress having no way to tell me points or poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Nyaa posted:

We will be half way there if someone can recreate auto shuffle and stacking function of an auto mahjong table. That or cheat it with programming magic after the tiles disappear into the table. Player should only need to pick/discard/move pieces from there on.

That'd be half-way there, a problem I noticed was that you can't put the tiles on their sides, so it's either face-down so nobody can see them or face-up so everyone can.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Pfft that table isn't half as fast as Hong Kong street players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzcmCvOM2KY

Well, the automatic table has two sets of tablets, so one just pops right up and is ready to play while the other set is being shuffled by the table.

The table they were playing with looks really cramped and uncomfortable.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Nyaa posted:

Who would play mahjong sideway? :crossarms:

It shouldn't be that hard to implement Z-axis position function on a 3d game anyway.

No, I mean, putting upright, so that the backside faces away and only you can see them. Was kinda weird that it wasn't already in the game, I assume the one they put in is meant for the solitaire version.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jacque Pott posted:

I haven't tried it myself, but maybe you could place them on your name at the table to add them to your hand like playing cards.

That works, actually. There isn't a way to make the walls randomized that I missed somehow?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

xanthan posted:

I Googled it. It's an actual card game. I'd say I'm surprised but frankly it's a popular kids show used to market toys and such, who would be surprised it got a tie in card game at this point? Things are a dime a dozen and about the only thing making this any more unique is it has adults giving enough of a poo poo to port it to tabletop simulator.

Or it might be a well made card game marred by being MLP based for all I know.

Edit
It was popular enough to get a second set of cards. :psyduck:

It's not as if My Little Pony itself is the problem, it's the crazy adult fanbase that suddenly discovered their meaning of life from watching an animated series and developed a fetishist culture around it. I'm not really what demographic of girls are into TCG's, but I'm sure there is a market there, just a bit creepy it is being intruded upon by insecure creepy men/women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Finally they made the walls in mahjong assemble automatically.

• Locked thread