Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

So how does this actually play like usability stuff? I guess you can have a hand that only you can see right can send / call cards to that hand. How about zones? Can you designate places where cards should group up or do you always have to manually send them in? What about shuffling on the board? If you're playing CAH can you put down a bunch of cards face down and then have them shuffled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

I got a fourpack and played with friends and there's already a ton of games on the nexus to play. Most games work really great. If a game is really reliant on searching the deck and calling specific cards out it can be a pain. I'm not sure how to deal with that in game, maybe a special hand type zone where you can dump a pile and have it spread out and then you can click a button to have it reform to a deck? Otherwise they all work fine. I tried playing online and that works really well. The people who buy tabletop simulator it seems are the kind of people who actually want to play tabletop games, so you don't have a lot of problems and people are all generally nice and playing by the rules. The built in voice chat works well and it's pretty clear. Good enough for a game of cards against humanity! One little spot there is that usually you'd put all the cards in a pile and shuffle it and that works but if you need to have 2 cards together there's no easy way to shuffle them together? I think the ability to almost kinda merge cards would be a useful feature for a lot of games. Anything where cards equip lets say or stick together would really benefit from that.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Prince Reggie K posted:

I played a bunch of games with smoremaster, including a late night round of dominion which also included a cool Russian guy. I heartily recommend this game. Basically If you enjoy the experience of playing chess or cards with someone in a coffee shop or parlor IRL, you will enjoy this. If you don't like meeting new people and bonding over games and physics accidents, then it's not for you.

oh oh speaking of playing chess, what this game desperately needs is a switch hand with field option. Like if I`m holding a chess piece I have to set it down somewhere else and pick up the one I`m taking and move it out of the way and put mine there. You should be able to like switch them in one fluid motion.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

I'm looking for more people to play tabletop games with, add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/Prokhor_Zharkov if you're up for it.

• Locked thread