Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Any goons still play TTS? I'd be down to play pretty much anything, especially stuff like 7 wonders, puerto rico, etc.

steamcommunity.com/id/breadblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Hey all, I made a thread in PGS (and a Discord) to help organize some goon TTS sessions. Could we get this added to the OP?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777171

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Any recommendations for some well realised local multiplayer games?(so preferably no hidden information like player hands).

I've built a digital tabletop thing mainly for rpg's (just a table with an inlaid monitor), but would like to give it a shot with some TTS too

Puerto Rico doesn't have hidden information afaik, except maybe victory point values. But you could probably flip them over and forget about them.

Other games without player hands, off the top of my head: Power Grid, Carcassonne, Chess, Hive, Space Hulk: Death Angel, Acquire, Formula D? There might be a "hidden information" mechanic I'm overlooking in one of those, or an obvious game I'm forgetting.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I thought player hands were hidden in Pandemic? Maybe they changed it in the newer editions.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised there aren't more goons playing TTS. I'd be willing to play sometime as well, I saw you found the other thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Going to go ahead and plug the PGS thread/discord, though both have been a bit dead as of late: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777171

Jabor posted:

I do a semi-regular TTS game with a small group (3-4 people). What are everyone's favourite mods? We've been having great fun with Steampunk Rally, but we'd like to mix it up a bit.

I used to play a fair amount of pickup lobbies, so I had the best luck with games that were relatively easy to pick up, quick to play and supported a lot of people: Bang!, Codewords, Shadow Hunters and Secret Hitler come to mind. If I had a group to play with I'd be pretty interested in playing something like 7 Wonders or a Eurogame like Puerto Rico, though. IMO a big upside of TTS is the fact that you can play pretty much any board game in existence thanks to Steam Workshop.

• Locked thread