Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAwzJHX3KKI

Tabletop Simulator just released today on Steam. What is it? Well, it's just what it says on the tin, a simulator of a tabletop. It's powered by Unity and looks to provides a framework for playing traditional games with people over the internet.

Chess? Yeah, we can do chess.

Reversi? DONE.

Card games? I know literally nothing about card games but they're in there.

Meticulously constructed dungeons and dragons campaigns? Given enough time and effort, sure!

gently caress mahjong.

It's even got that hipster Go poo poo nerds are always talking about.

Modders are hard at work recreating other stuff for it too. It's still in early access and not fully-featured just yet, but in time this could prove to be quite the robust little game!

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A.C. posted:

One day I can use this to actually play Arkham Horror without everyone getting bored before we're even done setting up the table.

EXACTLY. And one day I can try Warhammer without having access to Donald Trump's vast fortune.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Tracula posted:

I'm sure 40k stuff is what people are fervently working on already. Anyways, does this have any sort of rewind feature or a way to lock things in place so it's not just a table flipping sim and you can actually get things accomplished?

As Chaz said, there's an undo button that can help unfuck situations. As for locking objects in place, the game boards themselves are immovable objects, so I'm sure something like that is possible in theory.

There's also gravity controls if you want it to look cool when games devolve into throwing poo poo everywhere. :3:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

JakeP posted:

Can't flip the board? gently caress thaaaaat

I'm sure you'll be able to flip the board as soon as modders figure out how to mod simple rectangular objects into the game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just wait until LoversLab gets a hold of this game!

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 19, 2014

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

JakeP posted:

it freaks out if you fill the table with more poo poo than can fit on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just to make sure, all this does is simulate the physical part of the games, right? It was no rules integration?

As of yet, that's correct. I goofed and failed to mention it was early access, so that may well change.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Beast Pussy posted:

This might be a dumb question, but where do I put the nexus files to load them into the game?

Save files should go into Documents->My Games->Tabletop Simulator->Saves and renamed if necessary to meet the naming format of "TS_Save_#".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

...gently caress. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Of particular interest, they're working on 3d model support for mods.

• Locked thread