Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chard posted:

Hey, I didn't know about this! Looks cool, is there a thread somewhere?

Nope. As far as I know, there's not, like, a Vassal "community"; People use Vassal to play games that specifically interest them, so you'll see people in board game, TCG, and wargaming threads talk about Vassal but only as it relates to their game(s). I use it pretty often for board games, and modules range anywhere from "basically just a shell where you can move cards around and have to enforce your own rules" to "completely automated experience and basically works like an official online client". If you went to the board gaming thread in the traditional games subforum I'm sure people could answer any questions you had, or the wargaming thread or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Famethrowa posted:

Other then Jenga, what exactly does a physics engine add? Don't get me wrong, it looks hilarious to gently caress around with, but, I can't see it working for real game play.

Games like Catacombs could work, I guess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does this game have any sort of "snap" feature or a sort of grid, or do you have to drag cubes and meeple around in a completely free 3D space and just sort of hope that the edges don't get stuck on a tile, sending it hurdling off the table at breakneck speeds.

• Locked thread