Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The BSG board game is on here, so now I'm interested in playing this. Any of you up for it?

Lavender Philtrum posted:

I've heard that's really really good, I might be interested.

I'd love to get some BSG going and have led many groups of friends so I'm pretty good about getting it to run smoothly (Base game only though, never played expansions).

Is this the only thread about Tabletop Simulator? I'm surprised that it's the only thing I've found and it's pretty dead. I just picked this game up and have been very impressed with it, I just need more people to play things with!

e: This thread is so old, there have been a ton of improvements to the game. A deck builder has been incorporated, items can be semi-locked so that they don't get knocked over, and a tablet has been added for in-game web browsing. I played some games with a friend yesterday where we were able to bring up rules using the tablet and leave it on the table as a quick reference so it works great. You can also use it to access youtube playlists or other sites for streaming music that everyone can hear.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You can it'll just have no automatic numbers and you'll have to keep a character sheet in another program / irl.

Honestly Fantasy Grounds is still the way to go though with the virtual tablet we're fairly close.

Speaking of, I hosed around with those for the first time the other night. I had one open playing YouTube, one browsing a site, and one playing that ImNotXizzy version of Cards Against Humanity, all on a virtual tabletop, all running smoothly. It's pretty loving impressive.

e: Also you should check out some board games too. D&D is great but some board games are absolutely some of the most fun I've ever had and this will let you play them relatively flawlessly. It's not like Vassal and doesn't have automatic rule enforcement, but I sure as gently caress don't want that either.

For a while a clan I play with had weekly thing where we'd play card games and bet on poo poo while one of them did some streaming DJ poo poo and it was basically internet poker night. Real chill, real awesome.

This is exactly what I'm looking for as my game group was recently decimated by 2 friends moving away. I was blown away at how effective this game is for creating a chill but fun interactive hangout spot. Not only that, but it just worked. No fussing around with mods, patches, or cracks, just join a server and it's ready to go. Even the controls were better than I expected as it all becomes second nature within a few minutes and everyone can easily manipulate things how they need.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I could potentially be down for this, it just might be hard to work into my schedule. Never played Chaos in the Old World but if it's simple enough then that shouldn't be an issue. I'm quite familiar with BSG so I can help make that run smoothly if we did go that route.

• Locked thread