Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

But Not Tonight posted:

I don't know, I always considered playing urban planner and making sure traffic jams don't happen by placing roads smartly part of the game, and not some oversight.

Yeah any good city sim should have traffic management as part of it imo, because that's one of the worst effects of poor urban planning so its a logical punishment for not thinking about where you plant stuff. That said a wider road that costs more or something, a la sim city 4 would be apt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Joshlemagne posted:

Well the last time the series tried that we got Tropico 2. And, love it or hate it, it was a very long time before Tropico 3 came out after that. It nearly killed the series. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Tropico 2 was just sort of doomed from the outset though. The theme was radically different which didn't necessarily mean it was going to be bad, but it meant they'd have to do more to win people's suspicion over. 5 isn't doing anything weird, it's just expanding the timeline a bit, something Modern Times did to great success.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Germany is insane with sims. It's where poo poo like Farming Simulator and Bus Simulator make bank.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah frankly Vanilla tropico was so easy (Outside of a few campaign missions maybe) that the DLC really doesnt feel like cheating because it just makes a really easy game maybe slightly easier.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It sounds like much like sandbox it's sort of a "make your own goal" system. It encourages both cooperation (for resources) and competition (for land) so my best guess is you do what you want.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SubNat posted:

Hm, has anyone received keys from GMG yet? I'm so used to them giving out the keys days ahead of time, but I guess that's just if the games can be preloaded.

Yeah if it can't be preloaded they usually hand it out once its ready to be downloaded. There's been a few snags where the publisher simply forgets to let them release it and it might take a few more hours but they should be good today.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah there is an absurd list of names but why take out the option to enter your own name to begin with?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

I've run into a weird bug about halfway through the campaign: whenever I try to load Isla Rojo on the Through the Looking Glass mission, I just get stuck at the loading screen forever and it cycles through the same three or four dictator factoids. I've waited for it about ten minutes in my longest attempt, but the rest of the game has been loading in a matter of seconds for me.

Calypso posted a hotfix for this until they fix it in a patch. Load up a sandbox game using the island giving you problems and then return to the main menu, THEN load the mission. Should work then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The reason theres fewer in the campaign because they're persistent through missions so having 10 islands you have to constantly go through would get more tedious.

• Locked thread