Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You have to get pretty game-y to ensure good traffic flow once you have a large population going in 3 or 4 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's one thing CitiesXL did right: pick from different types of filler terrain to plop down into those spots. Parks, concrete, whatever (I think that was CitiesXL).

Anyway some of the pictures that show up on google images when you search for Tropico 5 are pretty neat looking. Definitely doesn't just look like a new coat of paint although they are also definitely preserving the art style (which I like).

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 6, 2014

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I don't mind either, I'm just glad they updated the graphics a bit that's all. As long as the gameplay is the same or better than T4 I'll be all over it.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Upper right corner... Missiles. I think I know what the multiplayer is now. A lovely RTS :( Please don't disappoint us Kalypso!

Hopefully not :( There were launching missiles in the last game, too.

Although it could be fun if the army is able to get micro'd. Both players start building on the same island, eventually they run out of space or resources and declare war on the other.

Sounds like a lot of extra programming work though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Started a sandbox game, around 1938 or so right now.

Game is fun, harder than the previous one which is good. I've actually lost an election and had to go back a couple years and give the drat people a church. Graphics look good.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eifert Posting posted:

I usually don't do this because I know there's no way the developer will read or care about my input, but I really do feel there are just a few more things that this game could really use to be more transparent and enjoyable. This game totally dominated my weekend, so it's good enough on its own, but these would really help replayability and with new players.

1. More control over trade goods.
___ I want the ability to forbid trade and store certain goods. Selling all my uranium when I'm relying on nuke power is just stupid. My clothes factories are constantly low on cloth even though I have like 8 llama farms and 3 textile mills, when I look at the depot all the cloth is just being sold. This just seems like an oversight. Maybe a large colonial era building called the stockpile could be created that excess goods are stored in. This could also be a target for rebels and coups and raise crime and unrest if it's bursting with high value goods. It'd be a neat mechanic to decide whether you want centralized stockpiles that can be targets of crime or an isolated stockpile that has to be defended from rebels and may slow down production. With how much Kalypso loves DLC I could see this being a candidate.

2. More Tropican populace overlays.
It would really be helpful to have more insight on Tropicans. As is it's extremely difficult assessing the populace. I often had low popularity and high unrest without being able to easily see why.
___ I'd really like an overlay for occupancy of jobs and housing, as is it's super annoying seeing which jobs and houses are hurting by clicking or hovering on each one.
___ Hunger/medical/unrest need overlays.
___ I'd really like an overlay similar to crime for homelessness/unemployment. Being able to click on a job and see if it has homeless workers and how many alone would be super helpful.

These things would be really nice, especially #1. I was looking all around for a way to stop exporting my coal because my power plants were running dry but I couldn't find any.

I'm having a blast though. Good game so far. I like the eras thing, and I also like that while all the modern apartments are the same looking there's at least some incentive to not just immediately upgrade everything to modern apartments ASAP like in Tropico 4.

Although it's 2020, my happiness is at around 80-85, I get at least 75% or more of the vote in every election, I have free elections and never cheat, and yet rebels are constantly attacking! Idgi why are they so mad at me :(

I've started banishing their leaders but that seems to make it worse.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 26, 2014

• Locked thread