Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Poil posted:

I'm not sure but I think you lose reputation with the related country if you fail to deliver the requested quantity before the time limit. A deal to export corn to the allies ended with the time limit and when I checked relations I had a negative for exporting to the allies. But it could just be a bug since I was exporting iron to the axis at the time.

It's neither a bug nor a real "negative", jsut the game system being a bit stupid.

What happens when you start or stop trading on a line is that it slowl ticks up/down your reputation with the affected parties until the full effect is reached; if you stop a trade that gets you positive rep, it ticks down (and hence shows up as negative) until the full bonus is gone, at which point the modifier notice just vanishes completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Hmmm, what button do I press...

The writing is just great overall again, though I do miss all the faction heads and Penultimo doing the radio with them. The new radio host isn't all bad though; I kinda like her bubbly optimism.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
I don't know wether multiple Cheapskates in the dynasty stack, but having one and a Landlord *does* stack and I very much enjoy getting a 22% discount on all residential buildings. Also putting a Lvl 5 Landlord down in the middle of my poor people neighbourhood can be pretty useful to raise housing rates.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Okay, I gotta break a lance for the new radio host: The announcement for a Tsunami is great. She does the same "Surf's Up!" thing as Sunny did in 4, but the delivery of the whole line is just perfect. :allears:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

quote:

Drone Control

I can already see it, you can win elections because your opponent suffered a lamentable case of Missile Out Of Nowhere. :allears:

Magni fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 28, 2014

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
The creamery actually produces pretty nice profits for a colonial-era building (more than the sawmill at least) and takes only 4 highschool workers and milk (from goat and cattle ranches), so it's not spectacular, but pretty nice to have. It's also pretty cheap, so you can actually build it rather early.

The mission itself is a colonial era marathon with no independence possible; I ended it with over 350 people, which gets kinda crazy in the colonial era because you end up with a positively ginormous agriculture-based economy. I had about $130k in the treasury and a year left on the mandate when I finally finished it.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
The DLC mission actually gives you some extra opportunites to increases your mandate specifically because it'd be almost impossible otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
It's pretty fun. YOu don't get to advance past the Colonial Era and get more time extensions, meaning you cna build a sizeable colonial city.

• Locked thread