Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Der Kyhe posted:

loving weasel, one of my only achievements not attained, since he did not spawn in any scenarios where my main objectives was to assasinate him.
If you're playing the PC version just rename someone Juanito and kill him.

I never got the kill get your clone killed achievement. I just never have it even come up as an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Yeah logging camp + mines were already a money printing press and they have a much quicker return than a plantation anyway. You could always go from them straight to industry and skip cash crops altogether if you wanted to.

The DLC didn't break the game any more than it was already broken.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Well I can only assume I'm running into a bug (non-Steam version) where once the next era starts it kicks me back to the main menu and any attempt to load my savegame just sits forever.

I've deleted and redownloading now. :sigh:

I'm also kinda pissed that when I pre-ordered the game it was listed as a Steam key now all references to Steam are gone from their page and it uses the Kalypso launcher.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Poil posted:

I... lost in a tutorial mission. The game told me to win the election and provided nothing useful to do so and started the election at 30% approval. And the only way to try again is to replay all the tutorials way back to the this is how you move the camera one. :psyduck:
Don't bother it just ends when you win the election.

You're supposed to crank out edicts that make people happy and increase the wages while putting down houses (at least that's what I did). The approval tank seems scripted to make sure you're doing everything to suck up.

When elections hit I was 49% and went to 64% with agreeing to cheat the results.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Maneki Neko posted:

So how the hell do you proceed mission wise in the campaign. If I go to new game and choose my legacy I have to start from the beginning, and choosing to load a saved game and launching a scenario from there just sits on the loading screen forever.
I'm having that exact same bug. What version do you have? (non-Steam?)

vvv Darn I was assuming it was just b/c I was using the non-Steam version. Hopefully it will be patched soon.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 23, 2014

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
For those struggling with the tutorial remember you have infinite money during it. Just put down everything that makes people happy. I replayed it when I redownloaded it and got something like 80% of the vote just by spamming everything.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I rather hilariously ruined my island by doing a mass upgrade of farms and found that all the new farms required high schoolers (currently tied up in my industry/army) which caused a massive unemployment surge mixed with food stores dropping like crazy and people being turfed out of their homes for suddenly being poor.

Its weird how many upgrades change the base requirements. Like upgrading homes to a new era and it causes the level of wealth needed to live in their increases so you have to drop the building budget back down or have a surge of homeless. Feels poorly thought out.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Captain Mediocre posted:

As far as upgrading homes goes, if you realise you've made your housing too "good" for your people (or if you just have plenty of cash to blow and want to simplify matters) the assisted mortgage edict saves you a lot of time and hassle by letting poorer people move into nicer homes.
That is one of my favorite edicts but I'm pretty sure it only works for one level. You can easily upgrade a dwelling 2+ wealth levels as you move through the eras if you don't remember to check the budget for the building. It's a screwy system I feel that you can make a neighborhood homeless pretty easily. It needs the free housing edict back.

FrozenVent posted:

Pollution / beauty affects housing scores, if it works anything like the previous versions.
A good way to get a sudden boost in support is to start dropping gardens around houses and turn the beauty grid green.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 26, 2014

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
The only thing I'd change is put research slightly higher. I like getting Mine Tech earlier than that.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
IIRC I've gotten 30k of cash or a trait increase from that event. I'm not 100% sure though. I do know I've never had to pay to get them back.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
There's four actually in the campaign. It resets halfway through.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
There should have been three playstyles. Challenge maps that slowly ramp up challenges and play like the old campaign with preset buildings and more scripted events. A legacy game like the current campaign and sandbox.

No doubt when the DLC starts to drop it'll fill the challenge map hole though slightly annoying we'll have to pay extra for it.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Did tons of people get thrown out of their houses when the upgrade raised rent above the wage level of a good portion of your populous?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Well if that's the problem you can help out by activating Mortgage Subsidies and if you still have homeless lower the upkeep until it lets the poor in (though that lowers the house quality terribly and should only be a temp fix while you get up some new cheap housing).

Also you can do a similar thing by mass upgrading farms and suddenly you won't have enough educated people to farm in the new buildings and kick off a starvation cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
If you're not adverse to cheatengine just find the time left on your writ (by months) and increase it when you reach the point you're not getting any more chances in game.

• Locked thread