Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Stalins Moustache posted:

Looks like a normal Tropico game for me. Which means that I'll buy it and spend ungodly amounts of hours making the best city the Caribbean has ever seen :(
I hope they've made new music. Seeing the old portrait of Penultimo and the soundtrack from Tropico 4 in the background has made me kind of worried that they have ignored that during this game's production.

It also kind of looks like the buildings in the colonial era are a bit... modern looking?

I dunno, it's hard to tell with tropico's art style.

Would like to see more videos though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

If you ignore the building models and UI it looks 100% like Tropico 4 with a dynasty model hacked on top of it. That's a bit disappointing.

The new combat looks interesting, actually, but again, needs more information to judge whether it's any good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Deputy Dangerous posted:

From that German video from earlier, I'm actually kinda bummed that the road is stuck on the grid as well. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for it not to, but fuuuuck me if I didn't love to make winding roads across my island for that "carved out" look or just trying to make a road around my volcano at impassable road grades.

You can, can't you? the video has curved roads in it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I kinda like the towers actually, they look kinda CnC like.

I also like the star forts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But Not Tonight posted:

so I guess I'm just bad at video games/the internet! Thanks, I'll go fix it.

fake edit: mostly I wanted new songs, not music that I've heard hundreds of times over.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=real+caribbean+salsa+and+merengue+music ?

edit: This one's pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21LR4hKlJrQ

• Locked thread