Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gobblecoque posted:

Sure. Most of the ranking up comes from your Swiss bank account, of which you can certainly build up a lot in a long sandbox, and a few events. You're unlikely to get the full number of dynasty through just a single sandbox game, however. I'm most of the way through the campaign and my dynasty roster still isn't full, although I have retired a few guys because I didn't like their abilities.

I finished the campaign last weekend, and I only had five dynasty members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Magni posted:

The creamery actually produces pretty nice profits for a colonial-era building (more than the sawmill at least) and takes only 4 highschool workers and milk (from goat and cattle ranches), so it's not spectacular, but pretty nice to have. It's also pretty cheap, so you can actually build it rather early.

The mission itself is a colonial era marathon with no independence possible; I ended it with over 350 people, which gets kinda crazy in the colonial era because you end up with a positively ginormous agriculture-based economy. I had about $130k in the treasury and a year left on the mandate when I finally finished it.

I think I'm looking forward to this; I've toyed with the idea of staying in colonial times as long as possible, just to see what it would be like.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Maybe it's because I played Tropico 4 so much, but I miss the skill-advancement system. I liked having general-purpose bonuses instead of having specific abilities that have to be assigned to specific buildings.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Leal posted:

So is being an rear end in a top hat dictator that plays nice with the military viable or is it more simple to just be a good ruler?

Thinking I may of made a mistake with choosing my presidente's trait as the military one.

I found it much more difficult (than Tropico 4) to be a nice-guy ruler during the campaign. You get a mission where the goal is "build up the military", and then when you get the chance to go democratic, it turns out all those military citizens you built up do not care for that at all. :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Poil posted:

The campaign is gloriously stupid. :allears:

Okay, I'm sold. I will give this a shot. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bloodnose posted:

Professional Military is one of the worst constitution things you can have. And it makes the militarists mad for some dumb reason.

That makes sense. You're telling them that there are now requirements for getting into the military. If that prevents any of them from making it in, of course they'll be mad.

• Locked thread