Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Giggle Goose posted:

There must be some sort of serious housing bug in this game. I have about 400 homeless people, most of whom are employed and just rows and rows of empty tenement buildings and apartment buildings. Will workers only live near their places of employment or something?

If housing is too far from their place of employment workers won't live there. That's why its very difficult to have large residential/commercial/industrial only sections of the island. Personally, I think Tropico 5 handles housing a lot better than its predecessors, where they'd just stubbornly shack up where ever. Usually to combat homelessness my island has a bunch of little villages, to reduce homelessness and keep people from traveling too far to get their needed services. Of course, part of that is a holdover from handling Tropico 4's eternal car gridlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

SubNat posted:

This nice person
https://www.youtube.com/user/kahdeksan/playlists
Has the Soundtrack for Tropico 1, 3 and 4, in separate playlists, might be worth setting the ingame music to 0, and having it play in the background?

Or just have this on repeat, works too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xn3L1OQlWs
( Tropico 3 + 4's ost in a single video. )

Another free alternative is to search Spotify for Alex Torres, who made most of the music for the Tropico series. His Elementos album contains alot of the music used in the game.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Is any of the other DLC worth picking up?

• Locked thread