Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003
How exactly will Multiplayer work? Is it two people on the same island trying to build or two different islands? If it is two different islands can you invade the other player or is it strictly an economic race to a certain amount of money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003
I'm having a couple of problems...
In the colonial era I have a bit of trouble raising revolutionary sentiment. I follow all the quests and I'm always sure to either tell the crown to give me more time or to get more revolutionaries shipped over. Getting the required amount of approval is difficult. I usually end up running out of time even with mandate extensions.

Afterwards the World War era is fine but, afterwards during the cold war era my entire economy comes crashing down in spite of doing little else but progressing the era forward. What am I doing wrong?

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

Well, for getting more revolutionary approval, I believe it is linked to your people's happiness. While some things like healthcare are impossible to satisfy since you can't build clinics yet, keep an eye on the factors that you can improve. Make sure you have enough taverns, Catholic missions, and housing. You can also build some mansions for your more affluent citizens for extra happiness.

As for the Cold War economy, you'll probably have to supply some more specific information, but here are some of the things that can potentially go wrong. Be careful that your infrastructure is able to support your economy: make sure that you have enough teamsters and docks to transport goods and look at your roads to see if they are congested and, if so, try to see how you might build other paths that might improve that. Also, make sure that your docks aren't too close together, as that can quickly lead to ships bumping into each other and taking forever to progress. You might not have enough educated citizens to staff your buildings; some things that can impede this is upgrading to buildings like hydroponic farms, which need high school instead of illiterate workers, and having a professional army, which makes all soldiers need high school education (never have this, as it will suck lots of educated citizens out of your economy for a negligible gain). Finally, did you do a good amount of industrializing during the world wars era? I like to get either a rum distillery or cigar factory, depending on resources and trade offers, pronto in that era as they mean big loving money. Before the world wars era ends I like to build all available industry, provided I have the resources.
Usually I have a couple of factories. That is what makes me so much money in the World Wars era. A couple of Cigar factories, and a couple of rum. I have a few cash crops that are just for selling like cotton and cocoa. Usually I have a hundred thousand dollars or before entering the cold war era which drops off fairly quickly once I enter the cold war era. Is there something that changes between the World War era and the Cold War era I'm not seeing?

• Locked thread