Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Demiurge4 posted:

Yeah I'm pretty excited for this game, I wish they'd release more than a feature list though. I want a video showcase that shows off how the dynasty stuff works, as it is I'm not optimistic they've done any of the new stuff well.

The dynasty stuff is the thing I'm most interested in as well. Wikipedia says you manage the country from its foundation in the "colonial era", which is a long loving era, especially as far as the Caribbean is concerned. I assume they won't be letting you start in like the 1500s, but maybe that's for future expansions. From the screenshots it seems you start somewhere around the late 1800s/early 1900s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Some dude compiled a list of new features:

http://tropicofive.blogspot.ca/2014/05/tropico-5-new-features-round-up.html

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

poopzilla posted:

Tropico 4 was the first one I played, picking it up on a whim while waiting for the new Sim City to come out (yeah..). And now as I'm getting pretty bored of Banished, I just found out 5 was right around the corner, pretty pumped! :) I pre ordered on steam because a free steam version of 4 and Omerta (which I know nothing about) sounded pretty good.

Omerta is an OK crime boss simulator with an absolutely terrible combat mode.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The DLC might not be 'cheating' but they did make an already easy game incredibly easier.

Take the cement factory; it provides jobs, speeds up building construction AND it exports a product. Why would you not build this on every island? I can't remember if the climate control units for the apartments/tenements were part of DLC but its another example of just how much easier Tropico 4 was compared to Tropico 3 or 1.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 15, 2014

• Locked thread