Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I played the last 2 and was a bit disappointed 4 was kind of a re-hash of 3. I'm hoping 5 introduces something fresh (beyond MP, which looks fun as heck) but even if they don't, I'm a sucker and will still buy it. :negative:

Trading looks like a good start though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Garbo posted:

Also, for the love of god, please add larger roads into Tropico 5. Traffic jams are the bane of my Tropico existence.

I don't know, I always considered playing urban planner and making sure traffic jams don't happen by placing roads smartly part of the game, and not some oversight.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

Should I get this? I love the first game and never played 3 or 4. Will 5 be more of the same, but better, and should I wait for that instead? I understood that 3 got obsolete when 4 came out, so if that's the case for 4 vis a vis 5 I think I'll pass.

If you never played 3 or 4, then I'd say 5 will be fresh enough to be worth it.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

The dealbreaker for 5 with me was the lack of actual music. I don't want this MIDI poo poo, I want real caribbean salsa and merengue music. All the other additions were fun and I enjoyed some of the mechanics change, but man, the music makes this game what it is.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Bloodnose posted:

That is also easily the most fixable problem in the game so

so I guess I'm just bad at video games/the internet! Thanks, I'll go fix it.

fake edit: mostly I wanted new songs, not music that I've heard hundreds of times over.

• Locked thread