Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hilarious WANTED posters are always great, Zevezda had them too:

I'm kind of surprised to find that I like this show a lot, it's got a really nice blend of plot, action, and all out silliness that I'm really enjoying.

"now, don't be shocked but we're being followed"
":aaa:"

Also, with her hair and those eyebrows Chaika looks a lot like Aisling from The Secret of Kells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I am shocked. SHOCKED that they kept such elaborate designs for her clothing and hair accessories and whatnot.

That was close.

I hope they didn't leave her behind; setting aside her design, a bloodthirsty cat/girl/dragon thing is pretty cool.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 11, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She just looked so gleeful when she noticed that it was apparently Toru-punchin' o'clock.
:smaug:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Could have come from the novels, who knows.

Another thing to keep in mind is this: as an ongoing shonen anime based on ongoing light novels, the chance of any relationship developing beyond awkward blushing any time before the next ice age is basically zero.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Because those are the first fortune cookie fortunes in the history of ever that aren't improved by adding "in bed" to the end of them.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:ohdear::the episode.

That is one hell of a climax this is building towards.

About the only thing that's left that in their favor is the fact that there's obviously no way Frederica is dead. She's probably going to be rather pissed off when she reappears too.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Artificer posted:

So I was thinking of picking this up and I looked around a bit for more info on it....

Is it true that the main character and his gang are basically running around trying to pick up the remaining bits of Not!Exodia The Forbidden one in order to give him a burial that might actually just lead to his resurrection or some poo poo? The MC is the villain in this case?

I'm not sure if I'm interested in an anime like that at this point.

Maybe? Maybe even probably that's where it's going or rather that's were it's probably supposed to go, given that the main characters aren't actually terrible people and calling them villains doesn't really apply, that plan will be disrupted in some way as it's discovered.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

korrandark posted:

I am really happy that this is getting another season.

Here's an even longer version of the Best Thing

and another spoiler involving that same character:

That was a great ending to a what turned out to be a pretty great show, can't wait for the fall and season two.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

madmac posted:

That was a really good episode to end the season on. Just enough plot hooks for the next season while still wrapping the current story arc up quite nicely and all the main characters got a chance to shine, even Chaika. Really looking forward to picking the show back up in the Fall.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

darkgray posted:

Enjoyable end to an enjoyable season, and looking forward to the next. Animation seemed pretty wonky in this episode (character faces, etc), though, and it had a strangely rushed feeling to it. Came here hoping I was the only one to notice the clones behind Gilette at the moment of "death", but nope. :(

And about your spoiler, i didn't notice it until it was pointed out in here, even if I assumed he wasn't dead anyway since there was no corpse shown; sure wasn't expecting Vivi to turn into/have been a Chaika all along though. :stare:.

The Black Stones posted:

That needs to be a gif so bad.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Guyver posted:

Second season preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coQHwcwW8Ao

New footage starts half way in.

Watch as Chaika eats some grapes! Watch as she points her gun! Watch as she eats some grapes again!

Still excited and looking forward to it!

Edit: maybe they are plums!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 14, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fifteen seconds of New Footage!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOjiaqnHlI
get hype.