Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Don't bother, Outbreak Company was way worse.

Phobophilia posted:

Now that Frederica'd joined the party, I assumed this would be dumb harem shenanigans. I guess it could be interpreted that way, but this show is still incredibly amusing in its own twisted way.
Frederica only seems interested in MURDER TIME FUN TIME so there doesn't seem to be much danger of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Frederica is the best part of the show by far. "SNAP OUT OF IT!" :sotw:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 22, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Overlord K posted:

Man, they really made Toru's thing with the merchant way more TV friendly.

How so?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow that got dark fast. I was expecting them to be stealing the women's memories for magic power since it was foreshadowed at the start of the arc, but not with gratuitous torture thrown in. That seems completely unnecessary and really off-tone from the rest of the show.

madmac posted:

About that...
I'm sure she's just...resting. :ohdear: Maybe she keeps her brain in her knee in human form!

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 19, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Good ending to a good show. All three villains getting one-shot was pretty hilarious. Facehugger Frederica is adorable.

So Gilette-sama~ girl was a Chaika in disguise the whole time. Didn't see that one coming. In retrospect I guess they always had the same face but in anime that's not generally something that stands out.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The Chaikas were all deliberately given different personalities that fit with their skills. Fighty red Chaika was aggressive, alchemy blue Chaika was manipulative, mage white Chaika is naive and adorable since she needs someone to protect her while she casts.

The people complaining early on about her ~moe~ character design were right on more than one level. :v:

• Locked thread