Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
My favorite part about this show is that at no point does any character stop to monologue about what their magic powers do or how they work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

That was my assumption as well but it didn't make a whole lot of sense if the setting is her dad's former empire so why wouldn't she be speaking whatever everyone else is.

It's likely they instated a new national language when he was overthrown. That's pretty common.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah, put me in the Chaika is a magical clone camp.

And I hate comparing this show to Scrapped Princess at every turn, but the show is making it really hard not to. Guy seems like a blatant rehashing of Zephyrous from Scrapped Princess. It's a touch distracting, honestly.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that Sakaki Ichirou just wants to keep making the LN version of the one really awesome D&D campaign he played in highschool.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Man, Red Chaika totally owns. Do we really have to trade her back?

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

HiveCommander posted:

I love how even red Chaika uses broken Japanese.

I hope it's revealed that the reason she refused to talk was just because her team makes fun of her speech impediment.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

The fights might not look that great, but they're definitely dynamic enough to seem pretty awesome anyways. Smoke bombs, chain-swords, magic artillery, exploding kunai, throwing dirt in people's faces, and attack-cockatrices, this is not your typical "my friendship beats your plot-device" shounen action show.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

I like the twist on the "We're traveling performers" gambit is that instead of faking it for laughs, they just use their expertly-honed assassination skills to do silly party tricks.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Considering how off the rails Scrapped Princess goes, I'm not sure how likely that scenario is.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I chuckle every time a car name sneaks into the story. The author is pretty persistent with them :v:

It's nowhere near as bad as all the firearm puns in Scrapped Princess. I mean, Winnia Chester, really? :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Chaika's design is pretty complicated, I'm surprised they stayed on-model as often as they did.

Also, I love that S2's subtitle could just as easily be the name of a JRPG BGM track. Chaika is committed to its aesthetic. Though I think another car pun would have been better(or is it one?).

• Locked thread