Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
It strikes me given the recent episode that maybe each of the Chaika's is a resurrected part of her whole self. Red wants vengeance, white wants closure, so I assume the other parts of her all want something different for collecting the remains. I presume when her head was lopped off her soul got dispersed around the realm they live in. Where the weapons and skill to use them comes from is an interesting question as well though; maybe all of it was planned to make her the next ruler should her father fail.

Really liking the intrigue of this show; it's revealing enough each episode to keep questions being raised, the combat looks good, and the characters are entertaining and believable in the context of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Adelheid posted:

This isn't really a show that I would normally follow if it hadn't been specifically recommended to me for its fight choreography. But my oh my is that ever good. I just really like every fight scene in this show. The plot isn't really anything special, but it's enough to hold my interest as to what will happen next. It's hardly the anime of the season, but I guess it's what surprised me most with its quality thus far.

In a way it reminds me of some of the gun fights in Trigun where Vash uses tricks or gimmicks to get things to go his way . It's probably easier to just have a protagonist overpower his foes with big swings but seeing him use the wires on his blades to grapple or give himself range or set off traps is interesting and keeps the fights from being stale.

Also saboteurs seem to be generally reviled or at least not looked upon well, and his fighting style gives me a definite rogue/assassin type of vibe.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

a kitten posted:

She just looked so gleeful when she noticed that it was apparently Toru-punchin' o'clock.
:smaug:

That was easily my favorite part of the whole episode, a great simple joke but flawlessly executed.

• Locked thread