Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Damegane posted:

Chuu2 powers what? It's just standard fantasy do-anything magic, except the usual wand/staff/magic seal on body thingy is a big rifle instead.

I think they're referring more to when the siblings chant their dumb chant and then glow red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
There is a manga of this, but scanlation of it isn't very far (group is slow as poo poo), and we'll probably be caught up to it by episode 4-5. Not gonna be many people here who know significant spoilers.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Autonomous Monster posted:

Oh, fer gently caress's saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake :cripes:

I really liked the first two episodes because of the intelligent, proactive protagonists, dynamic fight scenes and the really sparse, confident direction overall. Episode three left a bad taste in my mouth largely because it didn't have much of any of that (alright, I guess it was still pretty fast-paced).

Is the manga worth checking out? (I know it was an LN series originally)

If you can read Japanese, maybe. The english manga scanlation is pretty goddamn slow. Next episode will probably catch us up to it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
This episode was basically "Giffable Scenes: The anime".

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
So I'm guessing it will turn out that the various Chaikas are homunculi Gaz created and someone is manipulating them for some presumably sinister purpose now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jackard posted:

That Chaika would be like The Lady from Black Company, except working to prevent the resurrection of Gaz and rule the empire in his stead.

Well now I want a Black Company anime that will never happen. Thanks.

• Locked thread