Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Squidster posted:

That little scream she made as she bursts out is just perfect.
Going from this episode, I think I've figured out the purpose of the Iron Blood thing - it's just a passive endurance bonus to overcome fatigue. The first time we saw him use it, he was malnourished, and the second time he used it was to move a heavy coffin for hours. Here he only triggers it after hours of exhausting combat.

I'm completely on board for season 2.

IIRC the LN describes it as basically a kind of self-hypnosis. Lowers pain response and partially releases the limiters a human body is normally under. It basically weaponises the phenomenon of people puling off normally impossible for them things in exceptional situations. Think a comparatively petite woman suddenly tearing a jammed door of its hinges to save her baby from a burning building or the like; just somewhat less extreme and far more controllable.

The effect is functionally increased reflexes, senses, strenght, speed and partial immunity against pain and exhaustion. The problem being that it's very tiring to do for a long time and potentially dangerous because if you don't pay attention, it becomes really easy to accidentally hurt yourself. The human body isn't exactly set up to run at that level normally and it becomes a real danger that you can do things like dislocate your shoulder just by swinging a weapon too hard or push yourself so far in endurance terms that you do real damage to your muscles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread