Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

paragon1 posted:

So was the protagonist a child soldier, or did the war end not long after he completed his training, or what? The characters in this show seem artificially young for how they act and what they can do(not that that is at all uncommon for anime or anything). Like, if you'd asked me to guess their ages I'd have told you numbers 4 or 5 higher than what they actually are according to the OP.

That is a detail that should be covered eventually. The siblings both have a shared background that explains quite a bit about why they both have those skills at their age. I'm actually quite curious about when they'll show it, since it set the mood for the manga nicely for me when I was reading the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Huh. Given what's out of the manga so far, I expected this episode to be very, very different, so now I'm completely and utterly stumped about what's going on in the manga side of things. I mean, the current scanlations end right before they fight Dominica, so here on I'm largely clueless, but the setup was almost entirely different. :psyduck:

Still a solid episode and getting a shape shifting dragoon seems like a fun addition to the team.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
A nice laid back episode.

Yet I'm excited for next week since if I'm right going by the preview, we might finally get a touch of Toru and Akari's proper backstory?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Man, they really made Toru's thing with the merchant way more TV friendly. Made it a lot shorter as well. Kind of disappointed by that. :(

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

They toned it down since it was more brutal and she had her newborn child with her at the time of the attack, which didn't exactly survive either. So it felt rather watered down to me, but it makes sense. Just wish they had dedicated more of the episode to it, in the manga in particular it really set the tone for me.

• Locked thread