Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im liking the show. The cast being a speech impaired magic sniper rifle wielding big eyebrow princess, either brain injured or absurdist genius sister and no nonsense sociopath brother has it being one of the most bizarre motley crew of protagonists Ive seen in anime recently.

Seriously Tooru outright telling the noble heroic guy that he would enjoy the return of war to the land was a breath of fresh air. I hope it sticks rather than turning out he didnt really mean it.

I also found how the two potentially brain damaged girls communicate with each other pretty drat funny.
Akari-"Chaika?:colbert:"
Chaka- "Yes.Chaika.:geno:"
Akari- "Chaika:smug:"
Translation I will provide a diversion, cast a spell in the meantime to secure my brother and I's escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

By the time this show ends we are going to have either aSuper Sentai Chaika Squad or a Rozen Chaika elimination tournament

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think its sort of funny because both females are giving out weird stink eyes and Toru is just looking down sort of submissively. I wonder if it has to do with peoples accounts of Akari bossing him around and Chaika paying for his food.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lots of off model faces going on this episode and also lots of panning. Butget episode but still had some good choreography. Really impressed with whoever is working on the flow of the combat, its heads and shoulders above so many series in making cohesive combat thats easy to follow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

On an unrelated note, what does the Iron Blood Transformation actually do? I don't think we ever see Toru or Akari pull off anything superhuman whilst under its influence (super-strength, super-speed, tanking wounds that should kill them, or whatever). They just sometimes seem to glow red whilst kicking rear end and that's it.

Well it does something as in this episode he was getting pushed back when red chaika and david were on the offensive together but when he activated the iron blood he had no problems fending both off and quickly gained the upper hand so its probably not something thats immediately noticeable but still incredibly useful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Frederica owns and its turning out to be a much better character than I would have ever expected. Which pretty much describes the entire anime right now quite honestly.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 21, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Sandman posted:

Kinda interesting that illusion-Chaika was speaking in whole sentences. A flaw in the illusion, or in his perception of Chaika? Or just a quick shorthand to let the viewers know that something screwy was going on even before it was explicitly spelled out?

Probably the later. Its the same exact trick they did with Akari/Frederica an episode back. You knew something was up the moment they started talking and emoting.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I chuckle every time a car name sneaks into the story. The author is pretty persistent with them :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im surprised with just how consistent this show was. Like at first I thought they just couldn't keep it up without screwing something up, and god knows they flirted with some really dangerous grounds that could have easily turned the anime into poo poo. But everything turned out great!

The cast was really competent in their own particular ways, the world was built in a way that the reveals in the last episodes made sense, the ending teases just enough to keep people interested in the next season. The only faults I have with the show is the rather unremarkable soundtrack, so hopefully the show does well enough that they can get a good composer for season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Or in some cases entire episodes are butchered to the point that the director has to come out and publicly apologize for the thing they had to put out to meet the deadline.

I dont think chaika had that many problems because it has a pretty simple style and didn't really have overindulgence of crazy animation in its scenes. The fights were a surprising case of less = more in just how simple and well done they were. You never felt lost during them and everything they did made perfect sense.

Also the few scenes in that announcement trailer that were new gives me hope that white Chaika is actually going to take on the role of ranged combat support she's supposed to have. Whats the point of having a magic sniper if you are going to shoot at point blank range :v:

• Locked thread