Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Squidster posted:

Judging by the 360 degree scar on her neck, It does seem like Chaika Gaz has died at least once. I have a feeling that 'Daughter of Gaz' is a symbolic title bestowed on reanimated corpses. Some outside force is reanimating the dead, giving them unholy purpose and a magical trinket, and using them as pawns.

I'm placing my bets that their unholy purpose is the revival of Emperor Gaz as part of some convoluted resurrection scheme. I mean when they collect all of Gaz's body parts what seems more likely - They hold a nice quiet funeral with a world class buffet, or a giant magical douchebag turns up and explains that been doing his evil bidding all along. Mwahahaha. And it seems more telegraphed for Gaz to resurrect himself than for someone else to hijack his power, especially since other factions seem to want to hijack Gaz's power.

I was also thinking that Chaika gets resurrected herself when she dies, but with some memory loss. Earlier Gillette talked about Chaika's doubles and impersonators, which made people think of magical clones but one person who resurrects could do the same kind of thing. Your idea of imbuing a personality on reanimated corpses could also work.

Roflfox posted:

I love that Chaika continues to use her Awesome Sniple Rifle for the most mundane poo poo like trying to cook or heating tubs. It kind of gives more to that "D&D group just loving about" feeling. I could see the practical reasons behind it but it's certainly not what that thing was designed for.

If you had a magical sniper rifle, you'd abuse the poo poo out of it too. :colbert:

Maybe originally there was a "COMBAT USE ONLY" sticker on it's side, which Chaika nonchalantly tore off. :allears:

Elite fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Well, to be fair (possible LN spoiler):according to the LNs they were raised together, but not as siblings. They grew up in a military training camp as child soldiers with a bunch of other kids that were also trained to do military stuff. Also remember that in japanese brother and sister are words that can be used with people that are not related to you, they can simply denote a certain level of closeness or respect.

They slipped in a quick "we're siblings, but not by blood" in the show too. Because anime. :argh: Though at least they're getting jokes out of it.

I like this show when it's being goofy D&D campaign but it kind of bugs me when it embraces anime tropes too much.

e.g. I thought it was weird when Toru referred to himself as a "washed up saboteur with no purpose in life". He's 20. Which I realize is anime middle age, but still it struck me as dumb.

And like everybody else here I'm annoyed that shapeshifter cat-dragoon-lady immediately decided to become a 12 year old girl for no apparent reason.

• Locked thread