Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I don't get why the emperor's remains are seen as such a threat. The emperor himself may have been almost invincible, but even when he was in full control of his actions with all of his power he was defeated by eight heroes. While I can see why they even have a special division for retrieving the remains from the heroes for safekeeping/disposal, I don't see why they're so worried about some kind of magical apocalypse or whatever it is they fear. I have to assume the remains aren't any more powerful than the emperor while he was alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

Because those are the first fortune cookie fortunes in the history of ever that aren't improved by adding "in bed" to the end of them.

No, I think they still work, or at least Gillette's does. Vivi's might work if you get metaphorical.

YOTC posted:

You just made me a sad man because now I'm thinking how more black company anything would be good. Hell I even tried running the d20 game of it on here once and only got like 2 players. :smith:

Well it hasn't quite been ten years since we learned A Pitiless Rain was coming. Just gotta keep hoping. :sigh:

poo poo it has been almost ten years, now I'm sad too.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 5, 2014

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

According to /a/, it was much longer in the book and he turned into a manspider halfway through.

That would have been immensely stupid.

A lot of shows just drop the ball on the ending but this wasn't one of them, though it helps that it's not getting an anime-original ending.

As for Vivi I guess all those Chaika photoshops are canon now.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

So did we ever figure out why the white Chaika is the only one without fluency in the common language? All the others are very fluent, but the white one only can only speak haltingly. She's also the only one we've met that's naive to the point that it strains belief but that's a common failing of main characters.

edit: Nevermind, I'd forgotten the red one had the same speech issues. I guess that makes Vivi and the blue one the only ones with fluency.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 6, 2014

• Locked thread