Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roflfox posted:

Though I do wonder what the deal is with the speech thing. Chaika sounds just fine when she's thinking in her own head (spoilers maybe? It's a page from the first ep). Maybe the language spoken in the show isn't her first?

Shakugan posted:

Yeah, I've just been assuming that she's speaking using a language that isn't native to her.

That was my assumption as well but it didn't make a whole lot of sense if the setting is her dad's former empire so why wouldn't she be speaking whatever everyone else is. I find her the most obnoxious part of the show so it's less that I'm curious and more that I wish there weren't things like this making her even more annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord Koth posted:

Umm, her father didn't control the entire world. In other words, the war that lead to his death wasn't a rebellion, but multiple other countries banded together. The heroes returned home with their "prizes" after the war and that's where Chaika's looking for them. I'm not sure where the assumption that they're wandering around his former empire is coming from.

I will admit that I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to every detail but this was not immediately apparent to me from the first two episodes. I interpreted the war as an uprising within the guy's empire (and since he was called Emperor I assume he had one) rather than coming from separate external countries. Thanks for the clarification though, that does make a little more sense.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Demicol posted:

Really? It's the exact opposite for me, I really like her speech style & character.
This show is definitely the highlight of the season for me so far.

I watched the first episode out of curiosity because it got talked up so much, and was moderately interested by the male lead's abilities and the fight choreography so I watched another episode and it continued to provide those things. Other than that, the rest of the show is pretty blah to me. I was planning to just marathon the rest when it was out so that when there are more scenes like that stupid bread explosion thing I can skip through them.

• Locked thread