Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Also a thought is that the Trabant is an east German automobile that was fairly recently discontinued after a few decades of being unchanged, which I feel lends to the idea that she simply isn't a local.

Annointed posted:

I personally enjoy that so far, it's pretty much "please help me give daddy a proper burial".

Krak, pow, straight to the heart.

edit: If I had been paying attention I'd have noticed that they're all automotive names.

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I read all of the manga that is available after watching episode 2 and it sort of bothers me that Toru is the intelligent part of the group in the anime, in the manga he is just going with the flow and wants to be useful even though he's really dumb. I'm glad that they decided to go without the heavy incestish vibe even though they are both orphans but I wish they kept in how badly his 'sister' wants to stuff him and sell him. Everything will make a lot more sense when the anime covers what the manga did, basically.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Overlord K posted:

Huh. Given what's out of the manga so far, I expected this episode to be very, very different, so now I'm completely and utterly stumped about what's going on in the manga side of things. I mean, the current scanlations end right before they fight Dominica, so here on I'm largely clueless, but the setup was almost entirely different. :psyduck:

Still a solid episode and getting a shape shifting dragoon seems like a fun addition to the team.

Same here, they seem to have completely changed her past to make it less sad or something? Maybe this is just the cliff notes version and big sister was a dragon all along.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Annointed posted:

I like how everyone's ignoring the crystals with eyeballs. But since each part is part of a specific magic, it can be reasonably assumed that the guy with the arms is going to be stupid strong.

Chaika looked so upset. :(

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Annointed posted:

To be fair if someone chopped up my dad into tacky trinkets I'd be upset too.

Of course, she seemed to take the hand in stride though.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Cao Ni Ma posted:

By the time this show ends we are going to have either aSuper Sentai Chaika Squad or a Rozen Chaika elimination tournament

Both of these would suit me just fine, I'm really glad that white Chaika is being taken care of though. She means well.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Desuwa posted:

I don't get why the emperor's remains are seen as such a threat. The emperor himself may have been almost invincible, but even when he was in full control of his actions with all of his power he was defeated by eight heroes. While I can see why they even have a special division for retrieving the remains from the heroes for safekeeping/disposal, I don't see why they're so worried about some kind of magical apocalypse or whatever it is they fear. I have to assume the remains aren't any more powerful than the emperor while he was alive.

I think the concept is that having a variety of evil types using the impressive powers of the remains would be a huge problem for the ruling party.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Was The Secret of Kells any good?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I mean it has ~*eyebrows*~ so it can't be too terrible right? :haw:
Thanks though, I'll give it a watch. Hopefully it's still on Netflix instant.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

a kitten posted:

She just looked so gleeful when she noticed that it was apparently Toru-punchin' o'clock.
:smaug:

This was amazing and it's really making Frederica's character worth having around.
They got a whole leg this time, things are looking up.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

HiveCommander posted:

Oh wow, you may just be onto something here. Unlimited Chaika Works

This would be just fine, I only hope Toru wasn't lying about throwing every fight with Akari. This is very stressful.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Mordja posted:

My guess is he's the avatar of that creature Layla was talking to in flashback.
Speaking of, I like how monstrous the monsters are in this show. Like, I figured it would just be some dragon/sea serpent thing but then you get a flash of its features and :stonk:

And I audibly went "oh poo poo" when the vent-spider appeared.

It was the human legs dropping through the vent that took it from 'oh, monster' to 'wow this is hosed up' which was pretty neat. The unicorn at the beginning was pretty intense but this was actually creative.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Just try and remember happier times until we see what happens next week.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Tarezax posted:

I saw a shot of gray-haired Vivi in there, but her eyebrows are still thin (and also turned gray). Guys, I don't think she's a Chaika :v:

There's a long shot chance she's just traumatized.
Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Oh Snapalope posted:

Shocking truth!

Rude!

• Locked thread