Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Lord Koth posted:

Exactly what happened, because he was simply getting them off the tail of the carriage, which as a large object would have a rather hard time dodging lightning. As for competence, if I recall correctly he has a long running battle with them and manages to kill quite a few in the printed versions, before basically getting run down and exhausted, so possibly laziness and time constraints on the part of the animation staff?

Oh, fer gently caress's saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake :cripes:

I really liked the first two episodes because of the intelligent, proactive protagonists, dynamic fight scenes and the really sparse, confident direction overall. Episode three left a bad taste in my mouth largely because it didn't have much of any of that (alright, I guess it was still pretty fast-paced).

Is the manga worth checking out? (I know it was an LN series originally)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

So where the hell was the dragon for all of this? :confused:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Are the LNs over and done with, by the way?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooope

But I have enjoyed an anime original ending before and will cling to hope despite the odds. :smith:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Whole episode was loving hilarious.

What he said.

paragon1 posted:

Goddammit Fred, just because you're Chaotic Neutral doesn't mean you have to be an uncooperative rear end in a top hat. :argh:

Please Fred, keep being an uncooperative rear end in a top hat. You are an entire comedy routine unto yourself. :allears:

Blhue posted:

This episode was basically "Giffable Scenes: The anime".

4chan is all about the webms these days, unfortunately, so that's all I got.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

This would be just fine, I only hope Toru wasn't lying about throwing every fight with Akari. This is very stressful.

Even if he was, there's still a very alive and by now very angry dragon loose on the ship. FREDERICA SMASH!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

madmac posted:

About that...

That's got to be the most :geno: death of a main character I've seen in a long time.

It's so :geno: there's no way she's really dead. Please? :smith:

(That man spider was really well animated though. This whole episode was pretty great, actually)

How many episodes do we have left this cour, anyway? One or two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Eej posted:

That last knife fight perfectly encapsulates the fighting direction of this show.

According to /a/, it was much longer in the book and he turned into a manspider halfway through.

I

cannot express just how happy I am that the show decided to go this way with it instead.

Really great ending to what was probably the best non-Ping Pong, non-Mushishi show of the season. Really looking forward to October.

• Locked thread