Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Liking it pretty well. It's standard anime fantasy action fare, but well done, so that's enough for me to be interested. I could do without the moeblob princess with chuu2 powers, but said powers are pretty cool and despite her writing, her character is actually pretty good.

The post-war commentary is pretty :smith:. Damaged soldier who can't even get a job in peace-time and would jump at a chance to return to war, the only way he knows how to live... war orphan who only wants to recover her father's body to give him a proper burial and get some closure... rear end in a top hat ruler who's profiteering off of stolen war spoils, etc.

It'll be interesting to what the "peace" the world has finally claimed actually looks like as we progress.

Also the huge monster at the beginning was real cool and so was Fayla the crazy grotesque unicorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Damegane posted:

Chuu2 powers what? It's just standard fantasy do-anything magic, except the usual wand/staff/magic seal on body thingy is a big rifle instead.

The crazy magic rifle (in a medieval fantasy setting, to boot) is specifically what I'm thinking of.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Shakugan posted:

Yeah, I've just been assuming that she's speaking using a language that isn't native to her.

That's a good point, and that page from the manga seems to support it, so that makes me feel a little better about it. It also gives hope that she might get at least a little more fluent as the series goes.

Also agreed the invocations are pretty neat. The siblings don't seem to be considered "wizards", despite that chant; they briefly showed a magic seal on Toru's palm, I wonder if that ability is something a Wizard gave/did to them?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Grim Up North posted:

Chaika totally feels like a D&D campaign with the DM frantically trying to keep the party on track by teleporting wizard holograms in, while Chaika fucks around with her magic powers and the sister goes on a derail telling ghost stories.

I love it. Hopefully the hero and her dragoon join the party.

Aren't there several classic fantasy anime that really are based on the creator's long-running D&D (or other similar game) sessions? Just saying it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

ninja edit: Thinking specifically of Record of Lodoss War, but I'm pretty sure it's not the only one.

• Locked thread