Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

WildWanderer posted:

If anybody out there has suffered a similar condish, I'd like to hear your story. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
After about 4 years, I stopped getting sciatica and only ever experienced weakness and numbness. I started exercising on an elliptical every day for about a year.
They work out all the same muscles that you would if you were running without straining your spines shock absorbers. It really loosens and strengthens all the ins and outs of your glutes/ lower back. I felt better but still somewhat weak after this so I started looking for something else. I first settled on squatting everywhere rather than sitting, because i could feel my lower back getting stressed from sitting. this helped me gain back some lost mobility in my hips, but it was damaging to my knees. Eventually I settled on standing all day with a stand up desk for computer use. After doing this for about six months I gained a normal sensation when running which was the first time I have since I was injured. I still have serious flexibility problems (can't do situps) but all in all I feel normal. I truly believe that the root of my lower back success was eliminating sitting from my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

brakanjan posted:

What is an elliptical and have you tried other chairs - I found a combination of sitting or standing helped but either one held rigid for a long period of time made it worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMRQmijCc5Y

If I tried standing all day before I worked on on that elliptical or anytime before that, I would find standing all day unbearable. Literally everytime I sit though I can feel a slight pull of stress in my lumbar area so I avoid it whenever I can.

• Locked thread