Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I've had 2 herniated discs, L4-L5 and L5-S1 for the last 8 years. I'm 28. It started as just some minor aches and pains that's just kept escalating. The worst part for me wasn't the pain itself, it was the fact that it was constantly there. After 6 years of constant 24/7 pain I tried to off myself. If I owned a gun I'd probably be dead right now.

It started with ever increasing doses of Tylenol and Motrin, then the next 4 years on Ultram. One day I was on the set of a pilot we were in the process of shooting and I dropped having a seizure. I'm not epileptic or anything it's just a side effect of Ultram. On the worst days I'm hunched around like an old lady. The best days I'm not irritable to the point of angry. I've run through the whole gauntlet of spinal treatments. Steroid injections, Facet blocks, trigger points, TENS units, god knows how many different meds. At its worst I was on 120mg a day of Oxycontin. Right now my doctor and I are scaling it back. Currently I'm on 3x Oxycontin 30mg daily, 3x 5mg Valium, and 2x Flexiril, and I'll be dropping to 20mg Oxy in 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread