Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Rhodes
Jan 30, 2014
I have been dealing with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome(CRPS) for more then four years now. I was injured in a minor accident at work when my hand got caught in a faulty door. Long story made short, I had to wait a long time for surgery due to workers comp bullshit and had several associated complications. The CRPS has spread from my hand into the rest of my dominant arm and the side of my face. I am no longer able to perform the functions of my job as an ATC and have been reduced to a glorified receptionist.

My questions:
1) Does anyone else have experience with this or a similar issue(e.g. Fibro, RSD, TOS, CRPS)?
2) Does anyone else have any releif from a spinal cord stimulator>?
3) Has anyone found any relief from a specific medication or exercises?
4) Does anyone else deal with bouts of frustration or depression over the whole ordeal?
5) Does anyone have any life hacks that make things easier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Rhodes
Jan 30, 2014
I currently have a spinal cord simulator implanted in my C7 vertebrae, which really does help a lot. It turns the constant tormenting burning pain is mostly hidden by an electric pulse. Between the simulator and the medication regime(Lyrica/Ultram) about 50-70% of the burning is managed. Every doctor I've seen tells me that the only way to "break the cycle" is to use my arm as much as I can. They have obviously never suffered from anything like this.

Has anyone tried any holistic remedies that worked or mirror therapy.

Mr Rhodes
Jan 30, 2014
I do have a hell of a time sleeping. I tend to keep myself awake until late so that when I do climb into bed I'm so tired that I sleep soundly. Ive tried a dozen different medication routines and they all have downsides. I have found that physical work, though very painful, can be enough of a distraction that it can actually help ease my mind in the long run.

• Locked thread