Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
Reading these posts makes me sad because I empathise with everyone so much. I've had lovely back pain on and off since I was 13 and it's so god drat hard to be taken seriously. For ages they didn't find anything and so, for the last year my rheumatologist has been bombarding me with enbrel thinking maybe psoriatic arthritis/ankylosing spondylitis. But I'm not convinced. So I saw a neuro recently who found a mild bulging disc and desiccation at L5, and did a nerve study to confirm the nerve is pissed. Now we're doing a myelogram to check for anything the MRI missed. It feels good to actually be taken seriously (my rheum did too but I think he was kinda at a loss and enbrel was our last ditch effort. I still can't figure out if it helps or is a really toxic dangerous expensive placebo...)

I relate to the feelings of despair and near suicide on my worst days. Not actively doing something but more, I will just take as many painkillers and muscle relaxants until the pain goes or I fall asleep and if I don't wake up...welp.

My husband has such a hard time understanding. He's such a fit active healthy guy and chronic pain is obviously a mystery to him. He hates me taking pain killers and muscle relaxants. But then expects me to go on a bike ride after a 12 hour shift! He's been better lately though.

So, hugs to all...it's always good to know we're not alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread