Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Yep, just make sure it's a couple inches above head height, and take your friends into account. My best friend is 5'11" and built his shelf to accommodate his 32" TV. So it's exactly 5'11" off the floor. Guess who's 6'0" and cracks his god drat noggin on it all the time?

My overhead shelf is 6'2" off the floor, just because of my experience at his place.

As for maximizing garage space, I've learned a few things. First, take advantage of the driver's door situation. Build shelves only on the right side of the garage and park a car as close to them as possible. Passengers get in/out after the car is in the driveway. Ideally the car on the right is the car that passengers/wife rides in the least.

Second, park the cars as close to the garage door as possible. If you need in the trunk, open the garage door. Then fill the back of the garage with workbench and tools and whatnot. Leave enough room to walk between the car and workbench, not much more.

Congrats on the house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

If you think the S90 was nice, (which it was) try driving a P2 V70 or S60. They cost a lot more to maintain but daaaaaaamn if Volvo didn't outdo themselves on the comfort and ergonomics.

I'd still have my 960 (S90) if it was a wagon.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

On the other hand in the 90 series you had a dash designed in the 80's and door panels that delaminated on the dealer lot...

• Locked thread